Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

Hi all,

To avoid having several thread son the same subject I thought I'd try an let you know what I believe has happened so far, please don't shot the messenger after all I am only a user like yourselves & DO NOT WORK FOR SONY..

As you all have noticed Sony do not have technical support on the weekends, one of the 'Experts' noticed several users posting regarding RDR machines either stuck in Update or Digital channels missing and emailed one of our contacts in Sony this morning but as far as I am aware there has not been a reply..

I have also noticed that the newly appointed Community Managers have as also flagged this issue to their dedicated team (see post), unfortunately as it's the weekend I wouldn't expect any information to made available until Monday..

Quinnicus has posted two temporary workarounds that will hopefully allow you to use your RDR's..

For those stuck in Update please click HERE

For those with the No Digital Channels Issue please click HERE

I can imagine that you are frustrated by the lack of official response from Sony but could I ask that rather than creating several threads on the subject you instead just click on Me Too on this thread that will indicate how many users that have visited the forum are affected by the problem..

I am affected by the current RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue & have clicked on Me Too

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup:

167 REPLIES 167
twinbaby
Explorer

Thanks to Quinnicus for the post with the (temporary) solution, i.e. hold the recorder's power switch down for 5 seconds or so until it powers off, then quickly press it again before it goes into Update.  Our HXD890 now appears to be back to full functionality.

paulmusticone
Explorer

Me too, stuck on updates

daveyp1973
Explorer

My Hxd870 is ALIVE!

Don't wish to be a false prophet but all seems back to normal.

Despite being disappointed by SONY's handling of consumer communications, I am happy to have my HXD870 back! (I'll never take you for granted agin!)

Hurrah.  (but I won't forget this SONY)

Cheers

D

Tags (1)
anneprice
Explorer

john.williams.007:

"What we want now is a explanation.

who did it

why was it done

where is the apology"

Good God!  Yes, man - you're right.  Someone could have died here.  Unable to record anything for, what, almost 48 hours?  And Sony (hated capitalist slime that they clearly are) did not fix the problem IMMEDIATELY?!  Who cares if it wasn't their fault?!!  I'm sure this is something the International Court of Human Rights should be looking very closely at.  It's clear that a LOT of people feel they've had their civil liberties infringed.  If it's not phone hacking it's THIS!!   Where will it all end?!!!!  :worried:

PS - The shock has even caused your to lose control of your grammar!  Of course, I do understand you want AN explanation.  :wink:

ajpotter
Explorer

Fixed
STELLA1
Explorer

Stuck in update for 30 hours> Just found advice about holding off for 5 seconds then back on. It worked thanks to all of you.

jedi98

Ok. Back to working properly again today. Replaced the channels, set to UK and it all works including EPG. Also the epg 'look' has returned to normal. Since there is no change in firmware there can be no confidence that this will not all go wrong again, either temporeraly or penmenantly.

So the following points arrise: -

1. What changed with the broadcast, and will it happen again? Anyone?

2. Why did this crash the whole unit so batly and how to prevent in future? - For the devs.

3. Is it currently stable or will it fall over tomorrow or the next day?

4. Why on earth does the EPG change it's style / colour when it fails? A bit of an aside but it has me really puzzled.

If this was open source we'd have had this fixed months ago. (err.... probably!)
daveyp1973
Explorer

(again)
suegizzy53
Explorer

im up and working now

thallen49
Explorer

Thanks folks,

the timing of the second ON/OFF button press seems quite critical - got it right on the second go.

Tom