Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

Hi all,

To avoid having several thread son the same subject I thought I'd try an let you know what I believe has happened so far, please don't shot the messenger after all I am only a user like yourselves & DO NOT WORK FOR SONY..

As you all have noticed Sony do not have technical support on the weekends, one of the 'Experts' noticed several users posting regarding RDR machines either stuck in Update or Digital channels missing and emailed one of our contacts in Sony this morning but as far as I am aware there has not been a reply..

I have also noticed that the newly appointed Community Managers have as also flagged this issue to their dedicated team (see post), unfortunately as it's the weekend I wouldn't expect any information to made available until Monday..

Quinnicus has posted two temporary workarounds that will hopefully allow you to use your RDR's..

For those stuck in Update please click HERE

For those with the No Digital Channels Issue please click HERE

I can imagine that you are frustrated by the lack of official response from Sony but could I ask that rather than creating several threads on the subject you instead just click on Me Too on this thread that will indicate how many users that have visited the forum are affected by the problem..

I am affected by the current RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue & have clicked on Me Too

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup:

167 REPLIES 167
Wrayster
Explorer

Our Sony  is still not working after update.

No freeview channels and no longer responds to the remote control that can be used to operate our TV.

Anyone help?

nobbend
Explorer

Press and hold the on button. After 5 secs the machine will reset. You can then switch on the normal way and retune.

How many people have ditched their recorder thinking it was faulty? I nearly did. As it was 5 years old, I went out and bought a new one costing me £333.00 !  Thanks, Sony.   Nigel Pearce.

prball
Explorer

Hi Wrayster

I had a similar problem after doing a factory reset on Saturday - the remote for my 870 no longer worked with it, leaving it stuck waiting for me to press Enter to start Easy Setup. The  buttons that controlled my Sony TV still worked though. After wading through the manual, I found out the command modes for the 870 and the remote were out of sync - they should both be set to DVD3 by default. I followed the instructions on page 149 (Other Settings Options chapter) and this fixed the problem.

Despite the download-5 problem updating my firmware, I'm glad to say my 870 was back to normal again yesterday afternoon.

New

Me Too

New

though should have added, switching off the update options in 'Options' seems to have fixed it for the moment
binbags

Hi All

I have been going through the same since Friday last.  The update I had done to my HXD870 was I think  V1.69. as the update disc is still with the DVR

Now I have done nothing else to the DVR, yet when I checked the firmware version, it said V1.70.  Maybe this was done over the automatic setup over the airwaves????

Anyway up to last night I could still not obtain my Freeview channels.  Went down this morning to perform the required Sony system reset, so as to go through the UK setup again.  Lo and Behold it had done itself through the night, (the unit was in stand-by)  So I am just as baffled as to what the problem was!!!!!!!

But at least it is working now and it prompted me to fit and install my Samsung Blue ray Player/Recorder BD-E8500M that was bought for me at Xmas.

Good luck to you all and hope that all your replys are as positive as mine.

pewrigh38

the problem was a bad epg being sent over the freeview channels and our boxes didnt like it and reacted badly

somebody (possibly digital_uk) was responsible for this, or had a fault with the epg equipment, and corrected that problem on sunday, in which case our recorders could go back to behaving as they did up until last friday morning

no 1.70 update was sent out on friday, that is a myth

you could install 1.70 from cdr if you wish to, I would wait and see if a new firmware is brought out first though

nobbend
Explorer

Yeah, this family of models defaults to command mode 3. Someone must have changed it on that machine in the past
nobbend
Explorer

Both my machines have been 1.70 for ages. The firmware update was nothing to do with it. .