Join now - be part of our community!

Using Pansonic HDD with Sony KDL32EX653 TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
ehdavies
Visitor

Using Pansonic HDD with Sony KDL32EX653 TV

I'm really pleased with my Sony TV and can easily access my Panasonic HDD (DMR-EX77) using the 'Inputs' button on the remote.  To make recording even simpler is there a way to set the Panasonic to record from the Sony, i.e from the Sony TV Guide selecting the program I want and then using 'Options > Timer Record > Set Timer as a Series'.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I never tried myself and I don't know which Sony TV do you have, but with my own KDL32W4000 this is possible only via Smartlink connection (via SCART cable). In my opinion, I wouldn't exchange the upscaling via HDMI just to use the guide of the Tv, but I've a Sony RDR HXD connected via Braviasync to the TV (so I don't even have to push the input button to access the recorder, just switch it on and press play).

The other problem that I see, is that if you program a timer via the TV, the input for the recorder will be the TV tuner itself, so you loose the ability to watch another program while recording

profile.country.en_GB.title
ehdavies
Visitor

Thanks Rooobb.  I'll give it a try tonight.  For the record the TV is a KDL32EX653 .