Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally closing this thread - not the desired answer, but is the answer.

_20151009_194233.JPG

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vTuner-suspended

View solution in original post

455 REPLIES 455
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello MK_Slinky.

Thank you for the post.  I have renamed the title to a more generic title (hope you dont mind).  I will use this as a master thread, and any information received will be posted here.  On to your question.

Sony (EU/UK and Japan) is aware that certain devices cannot access vTuner. From my understanding, vTuner appears to have turned off thier services to certain devices.  I do not have the full story at this moment in time, as well as which devices are effected. Sony is prepairing to release a statement.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

That's OK, I did ponder for a while whether to change it myself.

Thanks also for your prompt reply, I'll await any further information as it becomes available. It's disappointing to have this happen again so soon after the first outage a couple of months ago but at least we know Sony are on the ball this time. The previous outage caused a lot of upset and bad feeling towards Sony / vTuner as you know, hopefully a suitable resolution will be more forthcoming this time around.

Cheers! :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
Goosfrabaaaah

This is now officially getting very annoying.

Second time in a short space, and I bet it's going to take just as long for them to sort it.

BDV N590 also affected by this.

What's really going on between Spny and VTuner?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

To make things even more confusing, here are the latest updates.

- vTuner is OFF on BDV, BDP and STR devices
- A reduction of channels on HAP-S1 and HAP-Z1ES devices
- CMT devices unaffected

Thanks all
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I have to say that Sony's 'Official Statement' is most annoying although it was to be expected I suppose. To say that "We are investigating the issue..." is of no help to man nor beast, we want hard facts please. Might I suggest giving us the whole truth rather than a non-committal statement? If we knew that we might better understand the issues ourselves and stop complaining.

I like my Sony products but sometimes you need to grow a pair Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:
Hi all

To make things even more confusing, here are the latest updates.

- vTuner is OFF on BDV, BDP and STR devices
- A reduction of channels on HAP-S1 and HAP-Z1ES devices
- CMT devices unaffected

Thanks all

vTuner was still working on my STR-DN1040 last night, I will check again later and report back.

profile.country.GB.title
Goosfrabaaaah

On the BDV-N590 there has always been a shortage of vtuner channels.

I am most missing the UK radio station Planet Rock.

can't figure why it's on vtuner on the pc, but not on my sony bdv-n590.

Very annoying all in all...

zingysounds
Explorer

My CMT - G2NIP/G2BNiP doesn't work despite earlier comments that CMT devices are unaffected.

I'm sure it was the other day as I've resorted to playing CD's as fed up trying to play VTuner.