Join now - be part of our community!

Weird STR-DG910 compatibility issue with Virgin TiVo

profile.country.en_GB.title
the_belgain
New

Weird STR-DG910 compatibility issue with Virgin TiVo

I recently upgraded from my old V+ box to a Virgin Media TiVo. I'm having a strange compatibility issue with my Sony STR-DG910 receiver - every time I turn off the receiver it won't turn back on unless I unplug/replug it from the mains, i.e.:

-- Watching TiVo just fine through receiver.
-- Turn off receiver.
-- Receiver won't turn back on (through remote or button on receiver).
-- Unplug/replug receiver from mains
-- Receiver comes back on fine.

I've checked that this is definitely related to the TiVo box: if I disconnect the TiVo HDMI lead then I don't get this issue at all. It also looks like I don't get the issue even with the HDMI lead connected as long as I don't switch to the TiVo input on the receiver.

My setup is:
-- Sony STR-DG910 receiver, connected to TV (Panasonic plasma) via HDMI
-- TiVo connected to receiver via HDMI
-- Several other devices also connected to receiver (XboX 360 via component/SPDIF, ASUS O!Play media streamer via HDMI, Macbook via HDMI->DVI adaptor).

Has anyone else had this issue? Any known workarounds (obviously it's not an acceptable solution to need to unplug the receiver at the mains each time!)?  I'd like to ideally resolve this soon, as it looks like I might have to return the TiVo box if I can't find a solution.  I've tried using a different HDMI cable, and using a different HDMI input port on the receiver; neither helps.

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0