Join now - be part of our community!

What USB external drives are supported for NTFS on BDP S-380

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mibeale54
Visitor

What USB external drives are supported for NTFS on BDP S-380

Hi,

I've got a Western Digital 500GB powered external disk which is usable when formatted as FAT32 and connected via USB to my BDP S-380 player.

However, when formatted as NTFS, the disk is not recognised.  Does anyone have either a list of supported disks or knowledge of any external disk which works when formatted as NTFS using the 380?

Kind regards,

Mike

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited this post because personal details, such as first and surname are not allowed to be shared on the forums. This is to protect the users identity :slight_smile:

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

no drives formatted in NTFS will work on any Sony tv's or blu ray players, only those formatted in FAT32 will work im afraid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mibeale54
Visitor

Forgot to mention that got the same behaviour with a colleague's 480.....

Regards,

Mike

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited post because personal details, such as first and surname are not allowed to be shared on the forums.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

no drives formatted in NTFS will work on any Sony tv's or blu ray players, only those formatted in FAT32 will work im afraid.

mibeale54
Visitor

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I've seen this on the Sony web site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/blu-ray-disc-player/bdp-s380#/TechnicalSpecs

which suggests that NTFS is supported? (Same for s480). Shame if it isn't because I bought the Sony player partly because it said that it was supported?

mibeale54
Visitor

Also USB sticks seem to work when formatted as NTFS???

Anyone got any ideas/experience?

mibeale54
Visitor

Anyone else tried this? Surely someone out there has tried to connect an NTFS hard disk to a BDP-S380, or some other Sony blu-ray player?????????