Join now - be part of our community!

When finalising a DVD on RDR-HXD870 Recorder it seems to 'lose' important info like date & size!

profile.country.en_GB.title
ENSHER
Visitor

When finalising a DVD on RDR-HXD870 Recorder it seems to 'lose' important info like date & size!

I've tried everything I can think of (read the manual cover to cover, checked the Tips etc, pushed every button I can find)... this is causing me a real problem and I've stopped finalising my DVDs until I can find a solution so any info would be much appreciated please :

When I record a programme off the TV (usually onto a DVD so I can archive) it helpfully adds the title, channel,

length, size, and date - so I can easily distinguish between episodes for instance, by looking at the date and the

size etc . This is great.

Then I finalise the disc and whichever version of Finalisation I choose they all include only title and channel - all

the other info is now untraceable! Grrrrr.

Surely there must be a way to view this info for each recording AFTER finalising?

Your help / advice appreciated, thanks,

ensher

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

My opinion is that your question, even if understandable, is without an answer.

Since, finalizing the disks, make them standard DVD playable on every DVD player , as far as I know, on any DVD is not possible to view informations about date/size (lenght yes via display button) of the clip that are contained (that by the way are splitted in several .VOB files). SO in this way you loose these possibilities.

On the other way, if you don't finalize the disks, in case of any fault in your recorder you'll loose everything since they are not playable on any other DVD player (including PCs).

The only bypass that I can think of is to include, manually, in the Title the information you need so you'll have them also after the finalizing process

profile.country.en_GB.title
ENSHER
Visitor

Thanks for your reply Rooobb and I'm glad you understood my question! As you correctly point out, I do not want to have to choose to leave my DVDs un-finalised since a) I can't play them on my other (non-Sony) player and b) I might lose them entirely.

It is not technically impossible to retain a full range of meta-information about the recording when finalising - I have a cheap Apro DVD recorder which identifies title, date, hour, speed & length for each track and retains all of these when finalised! Just to double-check, I put one of these discs into my Sony and yes all that information appears!

I can't be adding this info manually to every recording on every disc - it would take way too long as I pack about 5 - 10 recordings per disc.

So, I'm still hoping to hear from some helpful fellow-user or expert with a way of finalising my Sony DVD recordings without losing information, please? Otherwise a hands-up from a Sony technical expert on this one please.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I had a second tought: have you tried to push the "Title list" button when a finalized disk is in the tray instead of the menu or play button? On my rdr it pop-up the standard title list menu with all the details instead of the DVD menu...

profile.country.FR.title
Kikissosso
New

And when i finalize DVD, on SONY RDR HX 870 titles disappear they are not copied. ??????