Join now - be part of our community!

Where's the HDMI cable?

profile.country.en_GB.title
chewy88
Visitor

Where's the HDMI cable?

Spring of this year 2012, we changed all our TV's etc to Sony. We have purchased 2 Bravia 3D TV's, 2 Digital recorders & 1 DVD player in total approximately £2000. We have been very happy with our purchases.

Sunday we purchased a Sony Blu-ray/dvd player, we got it home only to find that it does not come with a HDMI lead unlike the digital recorders. Therefore we could not watch the 3D discs that we had just purchased & our planned evenings entertainment was ruined.

We are very disappointed that -

A. The HDMI lead does not come supplied

or

B. It does not state on the box that it does not come with a HDMI cable

As you are all no doubt aware, Sony products are not cheap compared to certain brands.

So WHY ruin what was a very happy relationship between me & my family & the Sony brand for the sake of a lead costing less than £10?

Any suggestions welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

well im surprised you took till now to post this up!, anyway in answer to that nothing comes with cables anymore as far as the days of the early DVD players manufacturers stopped supplying scart cables and the same can be said for HDMI, to be honest if any of them were supplied they are likely to be "just adequate" for the job so its just as well they are not supplied, paying all that money for quality kit and using cheap cables seem pointless.

should you want a decent cable without going mad with the money then these are good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=...

King.Bob
Visitor

Hi chewy,

I agree with the reply you got from the person before me, I learned many years ago when I bought very expensive audio equipment (sorry not Sony) that your music (and in your case TV/video) is only as good as it's weakest link. That is; you can have the best amplifier, turntable, speakers that money can buy, but if the cartridge or even stylus at the end of your turntable arm is not as the same quality as the rest of your equipment, then that is how good your music/video will turn out to be.

In this case I can't blame Sony or any of the other manufacturers that do the same.

chewy88
Visitor

Thanks for your advice. I've purchased a high quality HDMI cable & everything works fine.

I understand what you have all said about the reason they don't supply a cable, BUT they could at least warn you on the box so that you can get one?