Join now - be part of our community!

XR75x9J and HT-SF150 ARC wont play sound

profile.country.GB.title
MFA786
Explorer

XR75x9J and HT-SF150 ARC wont play sound

Hi Everyone

I have this set (XR75x9J and HT-SF150) and the soundbar wont play sound when connected with the HDMI cable in the ARC HDMI 3 port. 

There is a picture that says i have to change channel to hear sound, so i know it is connected. When i change to a channel, there is no sound. 

It plays fine with the optik cable and bluetooth.

I have a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable

Can anyone please help ? The store where i bought the TV and soundbar say that it should work.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

profile.country.GB.title
MFA786
Explorer

Hi Marino

I have seen and tried that link 😞

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you tried Optical and Bluetooth after or before?

Because maybe the TV is not sending the signal to the correct Output. Try restarting Android TV, press and hold Power / OFF on the Remote Control.

If the Optical cable is connected unplug it, it will also delete the Bluetooth device (the Soundbar) from the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
MFA786
Explorer

It plays sound fine with the optical cable and the bluetooth.

After trying the bluetooth and optical cable i reset the soundbar and reset the TV.

When the tv was ready after reset i connected the soundbar to HDMI port 3 ARC, it says on the TV that the soundbar i connected, and it shows picture when i change the tv to HDMI 3. But no sound.

I have tried everything i could find on the Sony website including changing the sound to PCM.

After talking on the phone and trying what Sony support said, there conclusion was it is a software fault. ???

hamedw95
New

I have the same problem but with ht-s700rf 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @hamedw95, which TV model have you got? and have you tried different HDMI cables?

profile.country.GB.title
MFA786
Explorer

I have made it work. 

Every time i turn off the tv and soundbar from the remote, i also turn off the electricity supply to the tv and soundbar. I have made a switch i turn on/off when i use the tv and it has worked perfect. 

You can try unplugging the tv and soundbar for 10sek, then plug them in, and it should work. But as soon as you use the remote to turn off tv you will have the problem again. It is an sofware fault.

Hope my answer is usable. 

profile.country.GB.title
MFA786
Explorer

Tv model is XR75x9J and have hdmi 2.1 cable i think its called. It says ultra high speed on the cable if remember correct

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MFA786, thank you for updating the thread! Glad it worked for you. But it's rather a workaround than a solution. I would say we need to contact Sony to know the actual solution.