Faisal113
Visitor

Xperia M5 Android Marshmallow Bugs and Changelogs

Overall: Good update but in need of quick bug fixing update

here are the changelog from what I observed:
- UI has some sort of similar appearance to Xperia X
- Usual marshmallow stuff
- Camera now has predictive autofocus similar to Xperia X
- Image quality stays the same, but I noticed in superior auto the camera shoots in less crazy ISO in low light
- Selfie camera shoots better quality image in low light. Previously the software really likes shooting at ISO 3200 and 1/10s, now it's ISO 1000-1100 on average and 1/14s shutter speed. The colours got better too, previously the colour is a bit desaturated when shooting in low light, now it's nicely punchy

- Fireworks mode doesn't have yellow tint anymore
- Soft keys, status bar colour, app drawer button, slider bars now correspond to new themes. Previously on 5.0.2 & 5.1.1, everytime I change theme to non stock sony theme the soft keys and remains stock xperia style
- Macro focusing is more responsive, previously it was a bit of a pain
- Camera apps opens faster and image processing is faster too

And now to the seriously annoying bugs:
- Frame rate drops occurs quite often when I watch videos on MX Player and Stock Video player, even when I watch 360p & 720p videos. 60fps and higher resolution videos are worse. This is really annoying because I like to watch a lot videos on my phone, and frame rate drops is something i see on cheap and old phones only, not on premium device such as Xperia M5.

- BUG ON THE CLOCK! The clock on the status bar shows inaccurate time but strangely the widget and lockscreen clock shows accurate time. This caused me to nearly come late to the office and work overtime Slightly_frowning_Face

- Everytime I open my image in the album right after shooting, it takes a while to zoom in, edit, share etc.

- At maximum brightness, the screen is a bit dimmer than before

20 REPLIES 20
blackdiamond
Visitor

After Marshmallow update I faced with following critical issues:

- SD becomes corrupted.

- front camera can't focus properly.

delixis
Visitor

SD issue is a very big serious bug for this MM update.

Matcor
Visitor

Hello,

- it may happen that the alarm fails to activate. For instance this morning the alarm did not activate and started only when I switched on the monitor by pressing the power button (the phone was on!)

thanks,

blackdiamond
Visitor

@blackdiamond wrote:

After Marshmallow update I faced with following critical issues:

- SD becomes corrupted.

- front camera can't focus properly.

Fixed in last update (30.2.B.1.21) Party

Muchakis1
Visitor

I have the latest version installed 30.2.B.1.21, everything was going smooth untill today. I restarted the phone and when I tried to input my pin the touchscreen was completely unresponsive. I tried different parts of the screen with no reaction. The side buttons were all working. I couldn't even restart my device. I then opened the sim/sd card slot and pushed the off button for ten seconds. I powered on the phone and the touchscreen was back to normal. The phone is barely two months old, never dropped, no scratch, no water, no excessive heat. Don't know what could have caused it.
Georges98
Visitor

I Have a problem with the alarm clock , Its not ring on time 

e.x I set to ring at 6:00 , it rings at 6:05 ...
Android version 30.2.A.1.21 

Epicurean
Visitor

The ANT+ kernel driver appears to be present, too.

PeterO1
Visitor

Hi, Last thursday my Android 6.0 update finally came trough. Now my phone does not have any Bluetooth posibilities anymore. 'Sharing by Bluetooth stopped', is constantly popping up when I try to activate Bluetooth. So no connection anymore with my car-stereo, so no handsfree calling anymore. Dangerous and very annoying.

Any solution?

Luisuruguay
Visitor

With android 6.0 it stops working fm radio. It asks you for permission to record microphone that does not let you grant.
Epicurean
Visitor

FM Radio is working fine here, with both Android 6 versions I received so far. In my experience Headphone/microphone access issues usually are no firmware bugs, but caused by other apps camping on the device. If so, it should work when tested in safe mode (where there are no concurrent apps), and you'll have to go through your app list one by one to see what rogue app is stealing the device.