Join now - be part of our community!

can i over charge my battery?

SOLVED
HwaA18
Visitor

can i over charge my battery?

everyday my xperia play gets low battery so when i get home i charge but b4 i go to bed, my phone is fully and if i let it sit there it will lose battery and the next day i woundn't have much battery left

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You can NOT over charge your battery

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You can NOT over charge your battery

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you can never over charge the battery, so once it reaches 100% your phone will stop charging it, so you don't have to worry about that. once it reaches 100% it will stop charging, after it drains to 95% or so it will start charging again .

http://www.cellpower.com/battery_tips.cfm#Battery%20Do's%20&%20Don'ts

"A new Lithium-ion battery will benefit from an initial "conditioning" of the battery. For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging. Once conditioned, Lithium-ion batteries will perform best when charged at a rate somewhere between a conventional slow charge and a rapid charge. When rapid charging, Lithium-ion batteries require a charger designed to charge Lithium batteries. To achieve a true full charge when rapid charging, the battery needs to be slow charged the last 10-15% of its charge cycle. Most "intelligent" desktop and Lithium-battery rapid chargers provide this capability. A Lithium-ion battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours)"

That said, your phone will stop charging once it reach 100% and start recharging once it goes down as you guys said it up there, but you don't have to keep your phone 100% all the time, if you charge your phone to 100% and your GPS, brightness turned off, wifi off and bluetooth off it wont lower your battery more than 4% over night, specially if you kill the background apps that you're not using.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Download this app Battery Graph

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.modroid.battery&hl=en

and you can see a graph of this

HwaA18
Visitor

THANK YOU SO MUCH U ARE MY ROLE MODEL!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I don't know about Role model but Slightly_smiling_Face I'm glad I could clarify this Dizzy_Face

ProfessorFrink1.gif

Ovidiu2
Visitor

for Android phones there's Chargie - it's a USB stick+app that bounces charging between two levels that you set, so you never practically charge to 100% unless you want to. This will dramatically increase battery lifespan and protect it from swelling due to heat. Just google for "chargie stick" and see what it's all about.