Join now - be part of our community!

Dead smartphone

SOLVED
SmartXperience
Visitor

Dead smartphone

Just one month ago I purchased a Sony Xperia Go (Ginger Bread). So far the device has worked very well. This evening I was browsing the Instagram feed via wi-fi and suddenly my smartphone freezed completely. The screen was lit but I was unable to scroll the Instagram feed and the Back, Home and Menu buttons completely ceased to work. I tried to reboot the phone but the power button didn't respond either. Then I tried to push the button longer but it was all to no avail. A couple of seconds after releasing the power button the screen went black and the smartphone completely ceased to work. I made a couple of booting attempt but in vain. I connected the phone to a power outlet via the usb cable but then even the led was turned off. My Xperia Go is completely dead. I never drop it on the floor and it never had any knocking. Until now I treated the smartphone very gently as I'm used to do with all my electronic devices. Is it any chance to resurrect it? Could it be the battery?

Thank you in advanve for your precious suggestions.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

connect it to the wall charger > press and hold the power button & volume up  for 8seconds > let the phone charge for 30min to an hour

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

connect it to the wall charger > press and hold the power button & volume up  for 8seconds > let the phone charge for 30min to an hour

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

SmartXperience
Visitor

Thanks for your reply and help. I followed the steps you told me and all went good. My Xperia Go is now working properly as before! Slightly_smiling_Face Thanks a lot! You saved me from all the hassles of going to the Sony support center in my local area.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Anytime Slightly_smiling_Face

helnywillson
Visitor

Thanks for help