Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable service messages/Advertisements/Cell Broadcast Service in Xperia S?

SOLVED
Not applicable

How to disable service messages/Advertisements/Cell Broadcast Service in Xperia S?

Dear Forum Users,

I have an issue with receiving service messages/ads and Cell Broadcast messages on my Xperia S, is there a setting on the phone or an application that allows me to disable such messages? I checked with my service provider in India (Airtel) but they claim that they cannot disable service messages at their end. Its not only irritating but a complete drain on the already ordinary battery life of this piece!

Angry_Face

I understand that cell phones from competing manufacturers like HTC and Samsung provide settings for disabling such messages (I checked my message settings, only Push messages can be disabled unlike Samsung or HTC phones which provide options for all 3 mentioned above) and it is unfortunate that Sony has overlooked this important feature in its So Called FLAGSHIP phone.

Anguished_Face

Any solutions/fixes would be appreciated, attaching a screen shot below:

screenshot_2012-05-21_1611.png

17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips! Will keep these in mind next time I shoot in low light!

As for the query on ICS, when can we expect an official announcement by Sony? Competing firms like Samsung and HTC have already begun updating their devices to ICS and Sony needs to catch up!

Cheers

Zaosh

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it will be released by the end of Q2, so that's the end of June

Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Anytime

Not applicable

Just used the Sony Update service to get version build number 6.0.A.3.73

Phone seems to be working smoother, also got the setting to disable broadcast messages!

Hope this solves my issues for now ....until ICS comes in.........

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it should Slightly_smiling_Face

Coxarch7
Visitor

So I am getting a ton of these cell broadcast messages. How do I update so I can block them???? I have a US phone but am currently living in Italy.

This is driving me crazy! 😁

Thank you 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Coxarch7 

Which Xperia do you have?