Join now - be part of our community!

How to stop Wi-fi Connecting Automatically on Xperia SP

micksea173
Visitor

How to stop Wi-fi Connecting Automatically on Xperia SP

I have had this problem since updating to the latest update.   Everytime I switch my phone off and then switch back it automatically tries to connect to wi-fi.   Even if I disable the wi-fi after 10 minutes it will switch itself back on and again   It is starting to get annoying now as I needed to use my phone on Friday and the battery on my phone was dead.  

I have only had this phone for a month and I am coming to the conclusion it is the worst phone that I have got on contract and really hate using it.   I have had problems with wi-fi and lose of that,  Losing phone calls and calls been dropped.   Mobile data losing that.   I also have a iPhone 3GS and even changed the sim card with a holder over to that phone and used that and the sim card was not the problem.  

8 REPLIES 8
Cot88
Enthusiast

Go to battery settings and disable last option (if available) "Location Based Wifi"

Soli_RSA
Visitor

You rock man! Thanks!

khushbooxl
Visitor

hey this option worked...!! thanks!!

i just fail to understand why the WiFi option is present in battery settings????

would'nt keeping it in WiFi settings be nice, user friendly and logical??????

Animart
Visitor

It's not working..
The wifi always auto-connecting itself when there's a wifi signal around, though I have disabled it
JustAnotherSony
Visitor

Slide down from top down to access the hot-keys;

1: Press and hold the Wi-Fi icon.

2: Under Wi-Fi preferences, disable "Turn on Wi-Fi automatically" 

Hope the above helped. Slightly_smiling_Face

Erictheviking
Visitor

The Xperia lx keeps switching on 

how do I stop it

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Erictheviking 

are you referring to the WiFi switching on/off or the phone itself?

Erictheviking
Visitor

The phone  switches itself on whenever I have the Internet connected.

How do I stop it switching itself on apart from  switching off the Wi-Fi 

model XpeiaL1