Join now - be part of our community!

My battery gauge is tricking me?

SkyEx
Visitor

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Okay, here's the thing. I bought my Xperia ion about 3 months ago, and so far it has been great; except for one thing. It happened a few times before, and I let it go, but I'm not having any of it anymore. The phone gives me a low battery notification at around 43-41% of battery or a little less.

The first time it happened, I thought the battery was actually drained. I put the phone on charge, but then the battery precentage it shows on the top corner of the lock screen was 40%. It happened again but I was on a trip on top of a mountain. So basically, I couldn't take photos for the second half of the trip, and so many memories would've been lost if it weren't for my friend's Note II.

After that one time, I suppose the battery was actually completely drained during the time spent from when it shut off till I went home. The phone stopped doing it for a while after that, and I remember one time it reached 12% without giving me the 0% battery notification. But two days ago, it happened again. Also, just now, it almost shut down at 43% and now I put it on charge.

I love Sony's phones and I always have. This one has been really amazing so far, the camera, the screen, the sound, everything is pure quality, but I'd love for them to last a bit longer. I really hope someone could help.

Thank you.

84 REPLIES 84
gokhalesubodh
Visitor

I did factory data reset, uninstalled  Mcafee, still no positive result

I also did pressing power and volume up button for 10 seconds and restarting the phone, still the problem is not resloved

I repaired the phone through SUS, still i am facing the same issue....:smileyangry:

I activeted stamina mode and Low battery mode, still there is no improvement

I have purchased this phone on November 2012 and after 3 months phones speakers were not working

So I had to go to the service center. After this issue was resolved, I am facing the battery issue.

I am fed up with these issues...:smileycry:

can anybody provide me a permanent solution for the battery? is this the software issue or battery issue? and if this is the battery issue, what am i supposed to do. I mean battery will be replaced or not since it is inbuilt with the phone....My phone is still in warrenty period

and here is the snapshot of the battery consumption Screenshot_2013-06-11-11-26-58.png

sajalsamanta
Visitor

hello OmarAA,

I had the same experience once! From that experience, I can tell you that after putting the cell on charger, it took a long time to boot up, irritating long time. Angry_Face

However, I kept the phone on charger, till it reached full. And then switched on.

I would suggest you to keep it charged till it is full, and not switch on in between. If the problem persists, I would suggest you to do a software reset. Else you can always take it to the service centre. Slightly_smiling_Face

sajalsamanta
Visitor

@ gokhalesubodh : Sad that it didn't work for you. Slightly_frowning_Face

Even I face the battery issue after coming back from service centre.

My suggestions would be give another try: Even mine did not work for first time. I did it thrice, and now the battery problem is over Slightly_smiling_Face

....pls follow Nabeel's instruction:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/128862

Do it when it is 'ON'...

although the vibration happens even when the phone is 'OFF'....note the battery percentage before doing the procedure, and observe when you switch on. If there is significant drop in battery percentage...your problems are over. If not..try a few times more.

Let us know whether it solved or not ...

sajalsamanta
Visitor

hello ssd :

Its normal, that the battery goes down on heavy usage (everyone goes through this)...but your latter experience is unique. Slightly_smiling_Face I mean, you shouldn't have any issues with that Winking_Face

if you say you battery is boosting up...that is okay pal:smileyhappy:

Abby22
Visitor

Hi Nabeel,

4-5 days ago my xperia ION facing issue of sudden battery drop. I observed few a time , it is happeing exactly when battery is at 30% level, fally 30% to 1% and phone shuts down after that when I charged it and power on it shows at around 29% battery level.

I tried the solution yasterday you mentioned in ur reply. I saw 6% drop in batttery lavel my method you told in discussion.

Now I am facing same battery drop but after 20%. Now it behaves perfectly till 20% remaining and goes down 20% to 1% after that.

Please help what should I do now?? Can it be corrected or should I go to service center. I bought my ION just 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Abby22
Visitor

Hi Nabeel,

4-5 days ago my xperia ION facing issue of sudden battery drop. I observed few a time , it is happeing exactly when battery is at 30% level, fally 30% to 1% and phone shuts down after that when I charged it and power on it shows at around 29% battery level.

I tried the solution yasterday you mentioned in ur reply. I saw 6% drop in batttery lavel my method you told in discussion.

Now I am facing same battery drop but after 20%. Now it behaves perfectly till 20% remaining and goes down 20% to 1% after that.

Please help what should I do now?? Can it be corrected or should I go to service center. I bought my ION just 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Nabeel
Master

Abby22 Hey

It might be due to an app.

Try the trick once again given in my battery guide. If you still face the problem then go for a software repair.

After repairing, follow carfully the precautions given in my thread to avoid this problem.

akhiltan
Visitor

HI Nabeel,

I am not sure the soloution you provided also goes wih my Sony Xperia SP c5302 model or is it their any other trick for me use. I have notice in Battery History the remaining time left after 100% battery recharge showing in some MINUTES AND SECONDS... INSTEAD OF HOURS AND MINUTES in normal case can you help how to correct that aswell in my phone...

gokhalesubodh
Visitor

Hi

I went to the Sony service center.....and they have replaced the battery of my Xperia P mobile with the new one.....and its been 2-3 weeks, i haven't seen any abnormal behaviour....:smileyhappy:

i hope my problem is resolved now.......

suga49
Visitor

Hi,

Am facing a sudden drop to 0% in my xperia ion.. I followed the procedure of force stopping the device. Before doing so, battery % was at 53. after the procedure, it dropped to 36% (17% difference is alright here?? Anguished_Face )

And yet no solution to the problem. Please see the screenshot.

Battery.png