Join now - be part of our community!

New xperia compact smartphone?

SOLVED
profile.country.CH.title
Goodsound

New xperia compact smartphone?

The most recent Xperia smartphone compact model was the XZ2 compact, dates back to 2018 and wasn’t really compact anymore.

When will there be a new compact phone in Sony the Xperia line?

The tendance to bigger screens  is annoying.

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Goodsound 

No one knows. Sony is trying to push the 5 series as their new compact I guess (no so compact compared to the older ones). I'd love to see true flagship compact phones from Sony, it was their signature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Goodsound 

No one knows. Sony is trying to push the 5 series as their new compact I guess (no so compact compared to the older ones). I'd love to see true flagship compact phones from Sony, it was their signature.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

the compact line was xperia's forte. unfortunately it became a niche product, as for now there are no news or rumors of a new compact model. if you want a smaller but still flagship grade device, the Xperia 5 will have to do.. 

profile.country.FR.title
capnal73
Explorer

La gamme compact chez sony a toujours été énormément vendue. POur la première fois depuis 20 ans je dois changer de mobile, et du coup je n'ai aucune solution de repli ! je ne veux surtout pas passer chez apple qui est aujourd'hui le seul à proposer du 5''. Ressortez nous un haut de gamme en 5" et pensez aux gens comme moi qui se servent de leur téléphone pour travailler ! La place d'un smartphone est dans la poche d'un pantalon ou d'une chemise, et non dans un sac à dos ! (client sony, et anciennement sony-ericsson avec plus de 15 smartphones de la marque à mon actif)

je vais du coup patienter encore jusqu'en 06/2021, des fois que la marque s'y remette ! Un atout considérable et une offre que personne ne propose.

The compact range at sony has always been sold enormously. For the first time in 20 years I have to change my mobile, and suddenly I have no fallback solution! I especially do not want to go to apple which is today the only one to offer 5 ''. Bring out a top-of-the-range 5 "and think of people like me who use their phones to work! The place for a smartphone is in the pocket of pants or a shirt, and not in a bag. dos! (customer sony, and formerly sony-ericsson with more than 15 samartphones of the brand to my credit)

I will suddenly wait until 06/2021, sometimes the brand gets back to it! A considerable asset and an offer that no one offers.