Join now - be part of our community!

Overheating problem....please help

SOLVED
ryallj-uk
Visitor

Overheating problem....please help

How can I stop my phone overheating. I was using google maps on xperia to navigate. After about 20 mins i noticed that the phone was REALY hot. It turned itself off and I couldnt get it back on untill the phone had cooled down. (it was switching on but would turn off after about 10 secconds)

How can i stop my phone overheating when using navigation apps? Its a real pain.

thanks

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

it is advisable to restart your device once in awhile to flush background task, any apps that are used for prolonged periods of time will eventually warm up the phone , or even heavy apps for a short time. if the device overheats over its intended capacity, it will shut down

Camel06
Visitor

Can anyone tell me, how this problem is labeled as 'solved'? Xperia's are overheating till 2013, and any advise I've found here is to contact support. Or, and this is more appealing at this point, go back to Samsung.

I was hoping to find information which version of anroid was free of this issue. I'm using Xperia Z with Android 5.1.1, and I will be more than happy to downgrade to more compatibile version, I will be very grateful for any advise in that matter, thank you.

aedes
Visitor

Solved?????? What the heck??? What solved??

Jacob85
Visitor

System update

App updates

Get rid of apps you don't want. 

samantha1986116
Visitor

This phone is ridicules. When  it is used for navigating with google map within 15 minutes the phone start to overheat feeling like accessories inside the phone will get melted.  Also while paying games, video recording, online video playing same story happens. without these uses what is the use of a those functions. with these products sony is going backwards. I am very frustrated about buying this phone.

debubabu
Visitor

I use sony xperia f3216.

overheating the phone while net browsing, talking,nevigaying by goggle map...

what is the remedy?

energy508
Visitor

I found my problem with the overheating and battery draining with my Sony Experia. The other day I turned on the “Adaptive brightness” control and the “Smart backlight control” that’s when I started having the heating problem. Turned these items off, and no more heating problems and battery draining problem. If you have these items on, turn them off.

J0l
Visitor

Hi,

Are there any root cause found for this issue? My XZ getting hot during video calls, idle state etc.

My previoys phone Z3 was more stable and faster without overheating issues.

Visitor

I have Xperia xz during video shutting mobile so hot and a comment show in mobile screen,  mobile is hot after cooldown the mob than start Video shutting this type of comment continued show when video shutting again an again