Join now - be part of our community!

Resetting Android system / Sound picker default

SOLVED
Alan493216
Visitor

Resetting Android system / Sound picker default

I was playing around with ringtones on my Xperia Go.

Until now, when I went to choose a new ringtone, I was offered the choice of using "Sound picker" or "Android system" to do so.

I have just set "Android system" as the default by ticking the box in the popup, but now I realize it doesn't give the same choices as "Sound picker".

But I can't clear the default setting, when choosing a new ringtone it goes straight to the "Android system" choices without giving me the choice to use "Sound picker".

Usually you can reset this by going into settings->Apps and clearing an App's defaults. But "Android system" isn't listed as an App.

There must be a setting somewhere else. Any idea where?

13 REPLIES 13
4beth4
Visitor

I cannot access the soundpicker on my new galaxy j 3  it doesnt give me factory ringtone options it won't down load anything I've done thru the steps googled it gone thru the same steps now for 2 days .. I give up ready to throw the phone out the window

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@4beth4 you're on Sony forum, you'll be better off finding Samsung support forum and asking there. 

Alias10103
Visitor

Thanks for the help

Reoreo
Visitor

Thanks for that but now I dont know how to to change my ring tone as?when I present the add button a window pops up with saying I have to go to sound picker For permission Then try again but I dont want music from sound picker I want it form my soundcloud one. Hope someone can help. I have samsung s8