Join now - be part of our community!

setting default phone number for a contact

SOLVED
Not applicable

setting default phone number for a contact

Does anyone know how to change the deault phone number for a contact

initially its possible to chosen between home and mobile number as the default for a contact but now i want to change this setting

can't find anywhere in contacts that allows me to do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
an2ny79
Visitor

In x10, when your contact has many numbers, you can long press one number and choose USE AS DEFAULT, then a "Check" will appear beside that number.. the purpose of this is, when you call that contact, phone will automatically dialled the checked number.

in arc, I don't see this setting as default feature.  This isn't necessary because when you long press your contact (in CONTACTS page) there is no DIAL button (unlike in x10), you can only choose EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL.. when you choose EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL, it will show you all numbers of that contact..  The only thing to do is check REMEMBER THIS SELECTION.. and tap the desire phone number.. this will set that number as "Default"

Question, what if you don't want it to be the default anynore?

Answer is...

Edit contact

Delete the "Remembered" phone number

Save it

Edit again

Then add the number you deleted a while ago.

Next time you EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL, it will show you all the numbers again

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Jeff
Enthusiast

You clicked the "Remember my selection" option the first time you tapped the green phone icon?

I took a quick look and it doesn't seem like you can change this, you'd have to re-enter the contact details.

an2ny79
Visitor

In x10, when your contact has many numbers, you can long press one number and choose USE AS DEFAULT, then a "Check" will appear beside that number.. the purpose of this is, when you call that contact, phone will automatically dialled the checked number.

in arc, I don't see this setting as default feature.  This isn't necessary because when you long press your contact (in CONTACTS page) there is no DIAL button (unlike in x10), you can only choose EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL.. when you choose EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL, it will show you all numbers of that contact..  The only thing to do is check REMEMBER THIS SELECTION.. and tap the desire phone number.. this will set that number as "Default"

Question, what if you don't want it to be the default anynore?

Answer is...

Edit contact

Delete the "Remembered" phone number

Save it

Edit again

Then add the number you deleted a while ago.

Next time you EDIT NUMBER BEFORE DIAL, it will show you all the numbers again

Not applicable

Cheers an2ny79

That's sorted the problem

Thought there must be a way of doing it without having to delete contact and then re-inputting

Very clear instructions as well

Thanks again

nic.c

happydeb
Visitor

In Sony Xperia, the long press on the default number now gives you the option to clear the default, edit the number before a call and copy to clipboard. Longpress on any of the other numbers allows the option to set as default. You no longer have to edit, copy, delete, save, edit paste, set as default. Thank you Sony for fixing that! But in the Quick guide I don't remember seeing anything about a long press to get options. Previously, I only knew about the 3 dots menu.