Join now - be part of our community!

Thumbnail : Filling up Internal Storage

SOLVED
Ashroft98
Enthusiast

Thumbnail : Filling up Internal Storage

Hey folks!

Okay,my problem starts when i start just exploring internal storage(and wonder what had really fill up my internal memory),then i met with the folder "DCIM"->".thumbnails" and i found two .thumbdata3 with 384MB each(makes it roughly 750MB,combined) and below them are thumbnail of my pictures(sizing 20kb each)..My phone had kept thumbnails from my pictures and videos eversince the first time it was switched on.When i deleted a picture in Album app,the thumbnail of it is still there.How do i overcome with this issue?And SONY,what is it inside ".thumbdata3" that in such took too much space in my internal storage?

Screenshot_2013-11-22-08-11-00[2].png

Any advice and tips would be appreciated 

BR from Ashroft

12 REPLIES 12
martius
Visitor

I've done what you suggested. New files have indeed 0 KB however overall free memory didn't enlarged Slightly_frowning_Face Any other advices?

randomninity1
Visitor

I did as suggested and now I no longer have a ".thumbnail" folder with 2 ".thumbdata3xxxxx" with 1.4gb each (so nearly 3gb). I do have a 0b ".thumbnail" file inside the DCIM folder.

However when 6check the available space for my Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, it barely got 200mb freed after all this...

Any ideas? Advices? Solutions would be better 😜

ProfCamillo
Visitor

I had the same problem on my cell phone, and I could not find it yet. Could you solve it in any way thankful   Luciano