Join now - be part of our community!

unfortunately google play services has stopped

forlornangel21
Visitor

unfortunately google play services has stopped

.,. i hope you could help me.,

ahm, i have a Sony xperia J. I have a problem on it wherein i can't access my playstore. and there was a message always appear in my screen "Unfortunately, google play services has stopped", even receiving a notifications that there is an update to some of my applications. I've tried removing my battery for 5 mins & resetting my settings, it didn't work. . Sometimes the phrase "Unfortunately, settings has stopped" also appears.,

I cant' even use the internet using my cellphone. 

Note: I haven't update yet my system into 11.2.A.0.21, is this matters to my problem? 

please kindly help me with regards my problem.

10 REPLIES 10
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you go to Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Google Play services > Clear data. You will also find Google Play store under the tab "All", clear data for Google Play store and then restart your unit.

forlornangel21
Visitor

if I clear the data of google play services and google play store is there any effects to my other applications or do it delete my files, e.g. music, photos, messages or other docx.,?

just curious. .

Hampus
Champion

By clearing data for these applications, it should not affect any other apps on your unit or delete any messages/music files etc.

If you have changed some settings for Google Play store(inside the app), you need to change them again since this will reset the changes you've done and restore it to standard settings.

forlornangel21
Visitor

.,i'll try it when i got home,.thanks for the help.,

In case I have encountered problems I'll ask you again. , ,

thanks thanks.

forlornangel21
Visitor

I've already tried your suggestion and thanks for that.,The Unfortunately, google play services has stopped is no more appearing in my phone.

However, after that problem I encounter a new one. The phrase "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" is appearing in my screen, I don't know what to do so hopefully you could help me again.

And one more thing, I want to use my net through google chrome in phone but apparently, I can't use it, the only thing is there is always a notification saying " Chrome to Mobile: Acquiring auth token." so kindly what I gonna do.

Need a help again.

Hampus
Champion

You can try to remove your Google-account and add it again to see if this can solve your issue. You can remove it if you go to Settings > Google > Press on your@gmail-account > Menu button (the one in the bottom right corner) > Remove account.

If there is no improvement, I suggest (if possible) that you try with another Google-account in your phone.

mrbombs
Visitor

Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-57-49.pngScreenshot_2015-09-07-13-57-38.png

I`ve tried everything I`ve found on the internet, and I still get the same answer everytime I turn on my phone "unfortunately google play services has stopped" and "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gasps has stopped"

rahul2393
Visitor

i am facing the same exact issue what should I do?

Rajivagg
Visitor

Getting the same problem even after trying the above fixes. But not getting the solution. Pls help