Join now - be part of our community!

USB device not recognized when connecting to computer

civilisedbeast
Visitor

USB device not recognized when connecting to computer

Whenever I try to connect to PC,I get an error message that "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED"

I have tried using different USB cable,different PC but still the same message.

What should I do?

10 REPLIES 10
Alexander1
Champion

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the behavior you are experiencing.

I suggest that you try to connect your phone using another cable. If you still have problem to connect the phone to the computer I would suggest that you have your phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local Xperia support team for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

civilisedbeast
Visitor

I have tried different cables and different  PC but still same error message appears whenever I tried to connect it.

Also today,I did factory restore of my phone but it was useless.

I tried it in safe mode also but still same error message.

I went to Sony Service Centre also. They tried to connect it but failed. In the end they said that USB port needs to be replaced as firmware can't be installed.

I am not satisfied with this answer as my phone is getting charged properly.

Is there anyway, I can update/repair firmware without USB cable.

civilisedbeast
Visitor

no one to suggest anything?

Alexander1
Champion

Hi, 

The charging and USB connection doesn't use the same pins in the USB contact so it's not so strange that you are able to charge your phone but not connect it to the computer. I suggest as earlier that you turn to a authorized service center to get your phone repaired. 

Umer_Khawer
Visitor

How often did you use USB cable before it stopped working

plugging cable in and out alot of time may damage the port

and in your case sadly "Damaged port" does seem the most legitmate reason since you already tried diffrent cables and pcs. even Center couldnt recognize it

Mini-USB cable port is very delicate

I am sorry my friend but having it replaced seems the only solution to me.

IGOTIT2
Visitor

EASY TO FIX. A FEW SECONDS WILL DO.

SEE THIS HOW TO VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.

THERE'S A HIDDEN FUNCTION THAT TURNS THE USB BACK ON.

IT WORKED FOR ME IN SECONDS.

How To Enable USB Debugging Mode In Sony Xperia Z

antosony
Visitor

There is no link to a video. Can you post again please?

Ravichandradoll
Visitor

After the latest update, my phone is experiencing thesame problem. And i have a issue with this...   I am a loyal customer to sony and plzz check that or release a new update. We r suffering here.... 

scottesnouf
Visitor

It may be too late for yourself, but hopefully this can help others.

As the post above says you can use USB debugging and effectively connect like normal. Go to settings, about phone and then press build number rapidly until developer mode is enabled, (usually 6-10 clicks). Once enabled, go to settings, developer options, scroll down to debugging options and enable usb debugging. Reconnect your USB cable and now it should work.

I has the same problem as you, and the debugging post above prompted me to try it, and it worked for me.