what is simlock.ta

what is simlock.ta file?

what is it do?

can i flash it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Simlock .ta is for phones that are locked to a network - If you did try and flash it and your phone is sim unlocked or sim free then it will fail - It's a file that will only get flashed if your phone is network locked but if your phone is network locked and you alter the firmware file and remove it then it makes no difference your phone will remain network locked

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thommo
Genius

Simlock .ta is for phones that are locked to a network - If you did try and flash it and your phone is sim unlocked or sim free then it will fail - It's a file that will only get flashed if your phone is network locked but if your phone is network locked and you alter the firmware file and remove it then it makes no difference your phone will remain network locked

manrajk74
Visitor

hi, i bought an xperia miro st 23i factory unlocked.  i tried it to flash with flashtool to udpate its firmware but  i flashed (accidently) it with wrong branded (vodafone ) firmware 11.0.a.5.8 , so its now in simlocked condition. II went to sony service centre for help. They tried to unlock it ( by software upgrade and by opening the phone, but aal in vain. they give me only solution to change the main board of my phone.

need help........

sala1
Visitor

Hi
Any soulution???!!!
i need help
my sim card is locked

1208Paul1
Visitor

Hello, I cannot tell what simlock.ta is or how it works. You may try to flash a simlock.ta file. to do this, enter Pro mode in flashtool (file -> Pro mode). I did it with a sony xperia z1 compact and it resulted in unknown rooting status. The phone does not accept any sim card at all. maybe I did something wrong. You have been warned.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused by this. You may void your warranty.

rumcum
Visitor

I had the same problem Slightly_smiling_Face In Flashtool Xperia 0.95.25.... Simlock was not selectable.

Solution:

1) You need Emma Flash Tool for Xperia. You must to choose download and install your new ROM.

2) Run your Phone in Flashmode (Power and Speaker -)

3) By new start Phone you must for your Simlock set as defaults (one button in the center screen)

Enjoy!

MurroFX
Visitor

Word 🆙