Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1II Camera Problems

profile.country.GB.title
joschi21
Explorer

Xperia 1II Camera Problems

#I moved this thread to xperia 1#

So I got the new Xperia 1II few days ago and I have some problems with the cameras.

First off all, the front facing camera has a problem with the skin smoothing effects. I turned the smoothing effects off and it´s still smoothing like crazy and it distorts parts of my face. It looks like a bad beauty filter switched to maximum, it does not look like the samples I saw on gsmaarena test or unbox therapy. 

Please fix this!

Second Problem is that the back cameras on all Camera apps( normal and Photo Pro) have a distortion when I move the phone.

Video Sample here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=bSbq599PC2s

Can someone from Sony Team get in touch with me? It was really an expensive phone and I am really frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You can reach Xperia support here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Royzzz
New

Very well said. I have the same problem. I don't know whether it's a one off or all. I just upgraded from original Google pixel XL and the picture quality on them is far superior specially front facing. it's very disappointing from Sony with such good hardware and lacking on the software side

profile.country.GB.title
ryan__

Same here, my Xperia 1 II rear cameras are fine but the front facing camera has terrible colours and skin smoothing effects. The rear camera for video calls, such as Zoom is the ultrawide so that's not a good alternative either.

If anyone hears of a fix, please post it. I am guessing it's a software issue that the development team will fix in an update.