Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Arc Lt15i

profile.country.GB.title
Xperiaoldie
New

Xperia Arc Lt15i

Hi everyone, Best wishes to you all for 2021!

I have just bought a second hand Xperia Arc Lt15i from ebay, the reason being it is one of the few phones with an HDMI port compatible with my Pioneer car head unit. When the phone arrived I discovered it was locked to t-mobile which is now part of EE. I paid a fee to have EE unlock the sim & downloaded Sony PC Companion only to find on connecting the phone I got the message that the phone was locked! (see attached screen save).

Can anyone tell me what appears to be going on here & have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

I am a 67 yr old guy and reasonably tech savvy but by no means  fully computer literate! Any help would be very welcome.

Kind regards, Phil.

.Xperia Companion.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Xperiaoldie 

The Xperia Arc is one of my fav phones, I use it every now and then (to take pictures/videos mostly)

PCC it's referring to a network code but to either a pin lock or pattern lock. Press the power button > unlock the phone > and that should fix it

Keep in mind that you won't be able to repair nor reinstall any software with such tool, you will need to download a third party program, Xperifirm. 

profile.country.GB.title
Xperiaoldie
New

Many thanks for your reply it is much appreciated😀

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Anytime :slight_smile: