Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S LT26i Wont Turn on

Not applicable

Xperia S LT26i Wont Turn on

IN middle of writing an email this afternoon (with around 50% battery remaining) device suddenly switched off and will not power on.

When I got home I plugged into charger, but nothing, no light, completely dead.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
suze
Leader

You could try a hard reset

The process is holding the volume UP and the power key at the same time

5 seconds > Restart phone

10 seconds > Shutdown phone.

See if this helps.

Not applicable

Thank you very much - that worked.

I have now switched it on and it is charging but the battery says 20%.

I think there is a power management issue / battery calibration with this device, it was definitely on around 50% when I was writing the email.

Bearing in mind the device was fully charged last night and had only been ON for 5 hours I cant say I am very impressed with battery life!

suze
Leader

Glad it got you going again.  Hopefully the battery life will improve as you cycle the charge.  There are threads on here on battery drain so they may be worth a look for you.  I don't have one of the 2012 phones so can't really add anything more on it.

Not applicable

i have the same problem too but i did try the hard reset and the phone still doesnt start up. help me please, is there any other way besides sending it to the technician?

Not applicable

This is becoming an issue... in just a week my phone blacked out twice.. with around 25 percent charge

ron00737
Visitor

i also had similar issue and the fix given by suze worked ...thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

and for the battery draining i guess it is because the phones heats up more while it is stuck in loading causing the battery to drain.

zzjh0151621
Visitor

this worked for my phone to but how does the hard reset fix it exactly ?

intuch
Visitor

My Xperia S LT26i was charging it was 100% charged from power oultlet but it was hanged so I did hard reset, but its wont trun on .

While i am putiing again in power outlet the red charginh  lite is blinging but not starting the pe.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks

Visitor

My sony experia s LT26i is not turning on so i have tried to use Experia PC Companion  to repair the software but during the process it is telling me that PC companion nolonger  supports this model. how can i fix it