Join now - be part of our community!

2012 3D Glasses - TDG-BR750

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
julsadot
Visitor

2012 3D Glasses - TDG-BR750

Anyone know any of the specifications for the newly announced TDG-BR750 3d glasses?

More specifically, was wondering:

• when they're going to be available (in the UK)
  • if the refresh rates are any better than the TDG-BR250's
  • if the crosstalk I get with the BR250's on my 55HX923 will be reduced/eliminated with these new glasses
  • if equivalent kiddie glasses are also going to come out

Cheers

Jules

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jules,

lots of new info on products is creeping out from CES but not concrete info on release dates & full specs as yet..

However if what What HIFI's has mentioned is correct then I would suspect the glasses will be released around April/May time inline with the new Bravia line up..

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jules,

lots of new info on products is creeping out from CES but not concrete info on release dates & full specs as yet..

However if what What HIFI's has mentioned is correct then I would suspect the glasses will be released around April/May time inline with the new Bravia line up..

iagibso49

Are they bluetooth or can we use them with pre 2012 sets?

keiooz
Visitor

I am not sure if it has bluetooth on it, but the eyeware is adjustable. Gotta get one soon.

iagibso49

Will they only be compatable with the new 2012 sets?

profile.country.el_GR.title
plaisio4ever
Visitor
DeViL303
Visitor

These souns good and I would like to know if they will work with the hx823 series? I see in the manual that they use the infra red emitter and not bluetooth so there is a good chance of them working.

This is important to me as I was about to go out and buy 3-4 pairs of BR250's

I would also like to know a release date and pricing and if they solve the crosstalk issues, are they higher hertz than the BR250's?

do they have the free sony add on filters built in or what is the story with them? :slight_smile:

lol @ instructions "do not put the 3D glasses in a fire"

I must say, they do look fairly trendy compared to the BR250's. Hope they are gonna work with the hx82* series!

BR250's and BR750's for comparison:

sony-tdg-br250-3d-glasses.jpg

Sony3Dglasses.jpg

I want some! They will work with the HX853 series, does that mean they will work with the HX823?

They going to cost around 100 sterling, so probably 125 euros approx.

Source : http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-2012-sonys-2012-tv-range-revealed

Message was edited by: DeViL303

Message was edited by: DeViL303

giodeflo9
Visitor

Hi,

I purchased the new sony tdg-br750 a couple of days ago, they're surely more comfortable to wear, but IMO the image looks blurry .....  I've tried to watch 3D blu-rays and Sky 3D and compared scene by scene my existing Sony 3D glasses which came with the Bravia KDL-65HX923 and also with the XPand X104 and somehow I felt they gave me a better quality. To explain more, although they're clean, it feels like there were smudges on both lenses, both when they're turned on and off, it feels like the image is slightly distorted and foggy. So foggy thatvi was convinced there was a plastic cover to protect the lens which needed to be peeled off but this doesnt seem the case. It looks like filters have been applied on top of the lenses (there's clearly another layer which is slightly smaller applied on top the lens which I believe is the filter). Have I been unlucky and got defective glasses ? Has any of you got the new ones and the old ones who can answer this question please?

Thanks for your time

wilkyon14
Visitor

Hi,

I bought 4 pairs of these glasses.  As you know they are very expensive so you expect quality.  I found that 3 of the 4 were great and the picture was brilliant and very deep 3d images were stunning on my 46hx753 however one of the pairs is exactly how you've described (As though they are smudged/dirty or a protective plastic has been left on).  I am going to the sony centre soon to ask for a replacement as they must be deffective.  I suspect yours are too.

giodeflo9
Visitor

Hello,thanks so much for your reply,

I'll go tomorrow to exchange them at the Sony Centre, hopefully I'll be lucky second time around. I'll let you know outcome, thanks