Join now - be part of our community!

32WD756 Picture Settings while watching HDMI source

SOLVED
manngar
Explorer

32WD756 Picture Settings while watching HDMI source

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a 32WD756 which I've confirmed is running the latest firmware. My problem is that I'm unable to modify the options/settings (e.g. picture, sound etc) while viewing a signal connected via HDMI (either input). The external signal is 1080p coming from a SkyQ mini box.

While viewing channels via the internal Freeview tuner, the picture settings menus work fine.  It's only when viewing the external HDMI input do the menus become non functional. Pressing the "options" button on the remote simply does nothing (although the led on the set flashes to indicate the remote itself is working).

My guess is that this is a firmware issue. If I modify the picture settings while viewing Freeview sources, these settings do not carry over to the HDMI input. For example, I can dial the colour setting back to zero on the digital tuner, yet it makes no difference to HDMI.

Unless I can solve this, I'm strongly inclined to return the set, as the colours are oversaturated at the default HDMI settings (i.e. the ones I'm unable to edit).

Can anyone help?

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

See my answer in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-kdl-42w653-and-humax-youview/m-p/1587427#M19...

and then modify my answer to your situation.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

after update have you try a Factory Reset?

How to reset the TV to its original factory settings

Manolo

manngar
Explorer

Unsurprisingly that made no difference as the set was delivered with the latest firmware already installed. Thanks for the suggestion.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

See my answer in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-kdl-42w653-and-humax-youview/m-p/1587427#M19...

and then modify my answer to your situation.

Cheers

manngar
Explorer

Awesome!  Thanks Quinnicus; that solves my problem, and give me full access to all of the relevant settings. Pity it's so obscure and apparently undocumented!

With the various NR systems turned off, and full pixel rendering at 1080p, the picture quality is exactly what I was hoping for.

Gary

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're most welcome :slight_smile:

Many useful features and options are undocumented or not explained very well in Sony's user guides and manuals unfortunately.  Its a campaign that I have been waging for sometime - but not getting very far !