Join now - be part of our community!

3D and Component feed

profile.country.en_GB.title
jimtellycon
Explorer

3D and Component feed

Hello

Can anyone advise if I can get 3D on my KDL46HX823 Bravia through the component input.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Short answer = NO

Long answer is =

Am I assuming that you have a Bluray player that is capable of 3D, and is connected via component inputs? If thats the case, replace the lead with a HDMI 1.4 cable. There are some really good ones on Amazon and at a cheap price too. You wont be sorry.

If its not a bluray player connected? What device is it?

Cheers.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

its highly unlikely a component cable is capable of carrying a 3D signal so i'd say no.

Rich.F
New

Surely it would be quicker to try it?

As one of the previous answers stated a HDMI 1.4 cable will do this no problem. If you search ebay for a high speed hdmi cable, then just look for one that is 1.4 you should pick one up for around £3

A 1.3 will carry the video signal no problem but not full 7.1 audio. Besides its better to be future proof as best as you can.

jimtellycon
Explorer

Hi Rich

The original question was can my Bravia TV get 3D tv with component feed. I know it works ok with HDMI but I have a multiroom system that works on Component and gives me HD ok but not 3D and I am trying to establish if 3D is posible  through component feed.