Join now - be part of our community!

42w829b light bleed

cremerhm
New

42w829b light bleed

Hello all,

I've bought an 42w829b last week, but got Some lightbleed in the lowe left corner and right side.
This is visuable during dark scenes in movies.

Could anybody tell me If this is normal, or should i return it?

image_zps5yb6z9db.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
cremerhm
New

Does anybody an opinion if this is "normal" bleed compared to their own tv set?

Kenny1979
Explorer

Hi, I have the 50W829 and I am on my second set.  I sent the first one back because it had two clouding spots right above the sony logo, centre bottom of screen.  Only noticible when viewing a dark image and with lights out at night.  Unfortunately my second set is the same, so must be an issue to some extent on most models.  Yours looks ok as its in the corners and probably acceptable.  If your not happy with it though you should try and get an exchange.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

I can't tell from that photo.

Regarding clouding in the center bottom, above the Sony logo, sadly this appears to be common in the 2014 models. It seems common, and with a specific shape, so it's likely a design problem rather than a random uniformity issue.

I have the same on a 50W705B. Other people report it in other sizes or models, for example:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1635441-sony-kdl55w700b-11.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From what I can tell from that picture - it all looks normal to me.  You will always get a small amount of light-bleed from edge-lit LED TVs - and noticable in a dark room with a dark scene/background.  However if there is alot, then its a concern as then there is a gap between the frame and the LEDs itself.

Cheers

Kenny1979
Explorer

Yes I did a fair bitter over research myself and quite a few people report that clouding above Sony logo.  I love the tv, but because I know about it its always on my mind, and specificaly look for it all the time.  I was actually wondering whether to just live with it or swap it for a Samsung 486400.

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi,

I would definitely return the TV. 

It is unacceptable to have light bleed onto the screen when in normal use and I don't care how many people are suffering this. You should not put up with it.

Manufacturers are falling over each other to make the slimmest screens possible and this is the main issue behind poor screen uniformity. They need to get their priorities right and make sure we are getting the best pictures possible.

Having had that rant I must say that I have a 55W829 and it has very good uniformity with no clouding , flashlighting or DSE to be seen.