Join now - be part of our community!

Adjust audio/video offset on W65x?

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Adjust audio/video offset on W65x?

Is there a way to adjust the adjust the audio offset relative to the video? This is on broadcast digital channels with the TV speakers, no external gear. Sometimes the sync if off, sometimes not, on the same channels. I'm not sure why. A few 10s of ms of offset will fix it.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I also have a 2013 TV (W807A) - I have just gone through all the settings/options and cannot find one that matches some type of audio/video sync. 

The only thing that I guess you can do, is contact Sony Support and log an issue.  However I would be reasonably confident that they will blame the broadcaster, so....

https://shop.sony.eu/shop/mimes/openAccess/legal/contact-us/contact_en_GB.html

Cheers

hcr_hassen

It is quite possibly the broadcast, but without capturing the video stream and analyzing it on a PC it's impossible to tell. But even so, devices have to have means to solve common problems that are caused by external factors. Reading around here I see I'm not the only one to encounter sync issues.

Do you think contacting Sony is worth the trouble? Customer support is rarely useful even in the simplest matters. Trying to get feature requests passed on through them is likely to be even more futile. :slight_smile: But if you know this is the sort of things they do care about, then I'll give it a go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Lets talk realistic for a sec :slight_smile:

Lets say that to fix your issue with audio sync it costs Sony £1million pounds.  For one person who has this issue, its just not going to happen.  Now if this issue is major and it affects say 1,000-10,000 then the issue will be investigated and fixed.  Economies of scale.

Raising this as a feature request is good - however probably will not help you at least anytime soon.  Sony may implement it on later generations of TV's, unless it can be easily engineered for others too.

Customer Support is a good place to go, when all else fails.  They have access to a far greater knowledge base and information than what I or other experts have, as well as we may have missed something (more heads are better than one....)  Again, if its an issue that needs to be addressed with a FW update or whatever, it comes back to my first point. 

Unfortunately I cannot assist you any further - as I simply do not know.  A couple of suggestions.

• Contact Customer Support - No harm in that - also they can collate who-else has the same problems.  If no-one contacts them, they dont know.
  • If the problem is on one or two channels - try contacting them directly too.  Again, no harm in that.

Cheers

hcr_hassen

I don't know how much it would cost Sony to address it, but I certainly hope less than 1 million GBP (or even USD) given that this is a feature that practically every media player software implements, including players that were developed by a single person. :slight_smile:

This is something likely to have the infrastructure already in place, if not already fully implemented but not exposed in the GUI, since the buffering and syncing of audio and video streams more or less requires it.

Well, I'll try their support just for good measure.