Join now - be part of our community!

Advice Re: connecting:- TV > YouView Box > DVD/VCR machine.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Advice Re: connecting:- TV > YouView Box > DVD/VCR machine.

I would not describe myself as "technically competent" with electronics, but I can understand, ...if explained to in simple terms!:)I (still) have a Sony TV KDL40NX803 Linked to:-

A YouView box which tells me it is a Huawei DN372T.01.02.P Variant 01
Running Component software version 3.5.116 (9DEB70)
Manufacturer Software: 72.47.119
Platform Config: 4421

The TV is WiFi enabled and connected to my Router and all is rock solid!
The YV Box is connected to my Router via a pair of "HomePlugs", again faultlessly.
It is connected to my roof aerial via the usual Coax cable, and then from the RF out, to the TV again via Coax.
It is also connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.

The box I would like to add to the system is a second hand unit which I believe is in working order, it is a rare beast!
A Toshiba DVD / VIDEO CASSETTE RECORDER Model: DVR20KB.
This is a link to Amazon who seem to still be selling them!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-DVR20KB-2-DVD-Video-CD-black/dp/B004PGCY9A
Here's a pic of the back panel and Remote control

20181126_134525-03.jpeg

I have been looking for such an animal for several years, even just to borrow one for a couple of days would have been enough to convert some of my old family Vid's to DVD, and (hopefully) to ultimately store them digitally on my PC as MP4 or similar files.

Now I have it, I'm thinking I might like to have it permanently linked in to my system.
At the rear, the TV has available an HDMI socket labeled "ARC HDMI in", it also has another (occupied by my YouView Box) labelled "HDMI in 4" and a Scart socket labelled AV
at the side of the set there are two more HDMI sockets, and an aray of Phono sockets, (Red white Red Blue Green) Labelled "AV 2, Component In".

Can someone suggest if/how these can all play nicely together without anyone throwing their toys out of the pram, biting or scratching each other? :grin:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

At Last, some human interaction.

A bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss here.

As for the comment from the part time mod; if the system didn't do silly things, and the mods were on top of things, there would be no exasperation and therefore no "language problem".

I have been a member here for several years and never been pulled up for a "language" issue before and make no apology for it now.

Problem sorted 18 hrs ago on a more populous site.

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi theracles,

I can see that this player has a HDMI out port. You can try to connect it to the TV through one of the available HDMI sockets on the TV.

Let us know if this works.

Best of luck!

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks Vanilla_, I'll try it and report back.