Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime stopped working

Mat23uk
New

Amazon Prime stopped working

I have a KDL-40EX43B which is 5 years old. Up until January my Amazon Prime (ex Lovefilm) had worked with no issues. Now everytime i try to watch it it comes up with newtork error. I have checked other online apps and they work fine. Ive also ran a connection check through the TV which is also fine.

One other issue ive found is that my remote stops working after a day or so. Only the power button works. If i unplug the tv then it all starts to work again. Ive doen the obvious things like change batteries but no difference.

Anybody else having these same issues?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Has this not been working since January?  If that is the case, I would recommend you ensuring that your TVs firmware is upto-date and then doing a factory reset.

In regards to your remote control - have a close look at all the buttons.  The most common cause is a 'stuck' button (after batteries that is).  If this is not the case, it might be either a remote control failure (which is easy to replace) or a IR receiver failure on the TV.

Cheers

Mat23uk
New

Yes i did check the software and have done a factory reset. Funnily enough i think the problems started to occur around the same time that the TV did an auto update of the software. That is leading me to think that it is the new update that has caused the issues. Do you know if there is anyway i can roll back to the previous version to check?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is impossible to roll-back the firmware.  This has been requested to Sony previously.  Unfortunately I don't know how to help you further to be honest.  I think its time to contact Sony Support on this one : HERE

If you manage to get this resolved, could you please post back (im interested to know what the fault is)

Cheers