Join now - be part of our community!

ARC stopped working on KDL-46EX503

SOLVED
Ted210
Explorer

ARC stopped working on KDL-46EX503

Hi,

I have had my TV connected to a BDV-E370 for about 5 years and the ARC connection has always been fine with the sound from the TV and Tivo going through the sound system.  While watching TV the other day the sound just stopped and the TV can no longer see the E370.

I have checked that the HDMI control is set to on for both and I've tried a factory reset but still no joy.

Any assistance will be much appriciated.

Thanks

T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So to confirm

• You have replaced the HDMI cable between the TV and BDV system and it does support ARC?
  • The HDMI cable is fully seated in the correct ports (HDMI1 on the TV)
  • You have factory reset both the tv and BDV 
  • You have checked that Bravia Sync in enabled on the tv
  • You have checked that 'Control for HDMI' is set to ON, on the BDV
  • You have checked that 'Audio Return Channel' is set to AUTO on the BDV?

If you have any other devices connected to the tv can you unplug them and test ?  Does this still fail?

If all this is the case, i can only assume a hardware failure on the port itself on either the TV or BDV - as i cannot think of any other reason or option to adjust.  You may want to contact Sony Support to see if they have any other advice.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment in time, i would be looking at the HDMI cable.  Can you try another HDMI cables - please remember to turn all equipment off first before unplugging/plugging in

Cheers

Ted210
Explorer

Sorry forgot to mention I have already replaced the hdmi cable with a brand new one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So to confirm

• You have replaced the HDMI cable between the TV and BDV system and it does support ARC?
  • The HDMI cable is fully seated in the correct ports (HDMI1 on the TV)
  • You have factory reset both the tv and BDV 
  • You have checked that Bravia Sync in enabled on the tv
  • You have checked that 'Control for HDMI' is set to ON, on the BDV
  • You have checked that 'Audio Return Channel' is set to AUTO on the BDV?

If you have any other devices connected to the tv can you unplug them and test ?  Does this still fail?

If all this is the case, i can only assume a hardware failure on the port itself on either the TV or BDV - as i cannot think of any other reason or option to adjust.  You may want to contact Sony Support to see if they have any other advice.

Cheers

Ted210
Explorer

Thank you for your help.  It was the Tivo box causing the problem.  I powered off and disconnected everything. I then just had the TV and Surround system connected and the TV recognised it,  As soon as I connected the Tivo it would loose the connection.  Rebooted the Tivo and everything is working perfectly.

It is so nice to have my surround sound back!

Thank you again for your help.