Join now - be part of our community!

Aspect ratio

profile.country.GB.title
DOODuk
Explorer

Aspect ratio

I watching a movie from USB on ON BRAVIA KDL60W605, How do i change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Sony in its infinate wisdom has decided to remove this dedicated button on the remote control.  However, have a look at the screen settings and you should be able to change it from there.

http://download.sony-europe.com/pub/manuals/tvhc/14HM324111/EN/c_picscrn_size.html

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Could you pass a request to Sony to enable, in a potential future firmware update that will be out for other reasons, the IR codes that switch directly to 4:3 or 16:9? Either a toggle between 4:3 and 16:9 toggle, or a dedicated for each.

The 2014 model I have doesn't respond to these Sony codes, only to the one that opens the zoom/ratio menu (the remote button that was on the remotes that came with 2013 models). 

The codes I tried are from here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hcr_hassen 

What happens when you use a 2013 model remote control (do you have one?)  or another from previous years. I would have thought that the remote codes would be built in, just not used.  But hey, I dont have access to that level of detail - so wouldnt really know. I do know though, that many other functions work when using a previous years remote control.

I will request this, as I have seen this asked a few times.  However, realistically, I cannot see it happening.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Thanks.

Maybe ask them instead to open source more parts than are available so far? A complete build-ready project, with their closed source stuff provided as binaries. Yeah, right. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that's what I tried. The code that was available on the 2013 remote. The equivalent to that zoom/ratio button works, but not the codes for the direct switching to, or toggling between, the two common ratios. I didn't try it with a remote because I don't have one, but with a PC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hcr_hassen wrote:

Maybe ask them instead to open source more parts than are available so far? A complete build-ready project, with their closed source stuff provided as binaries. Yeah, right. :slight_smile:

Your not asking for much are you :slight_smile:  Grab yourself a raspberry pi, then off-the-shelf parts and build your own tv?