Join now - be part of our community!

Auto shut off

profile.country.en_GB.title
simplyme
Visitor

Auto shut off

Please can anyone tell me how to disable auto shut off bravia tv?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

It depends on which model you have, but usually you can find in the eco settings (In TV menu).

There is possibly an item "Idle TV standby" and can be set to off, 1Hr, 2Hr, 3Hr.

Set to Off and should solve the problem.

Hope it helps.

simplyme
Visitor

Thank you for replying.  I can't find 'idle TV standby' anywhere in the TV menu.  The model of Bravia we have is KDL-19L40xx.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place on the menu?

Many thanks again.

Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

OK, understood - I don't believe this model has "Idle TV standby" - sorry.

If the TV is auto shutting off in this case, it is usually because it see's no signal I believe.

Do you have an aerial connected directly to TV or are you using external set top box?

If aerial is connected, then maybe one for the service centre to check out - Is there a particular time when it switches off or is it random?

simplyme
Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, the aerial does go directly into the TV.  The only time it shuts off (which is the problem) is when I have my i-pod touch plugged in to play music through the TV.  It shuts off after about 20 - 30 minutes of playing.    It re-starts when I press the start button on the TV control and only happens when the i-pod is connected - the rest of the time, the TV is fine. So it is a nuisance, rather than a major failure.

Any other ideas you may have would be welcome.

Many thanks.

Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

Although I understand your predicament, I think the problem is similar as above.

If you plug in you I-Pod, the TV set must be switched to External (AV Channel) for music to be heard (I believe).

On this AV channel, I assume the set is checking for Picture information and if the set is not showing video for 10~20 minutes the TV software believes that there is no signal and shuts off - standby.

I don't know if current models react the same way, or if technology has moved on since playing music files on TV has become more popular.

simplyme
Visitor

Hello again - I think you could well be right.  I have got it switched to the AV channel, so without any picture, it could be the reason it is cutting out.

I think we have taken this as far as it can go now, so thank you for taking the time to help me - much appreciated.

All the best.

Cottama
Visitor

I have the same problem.  I have my IPOD connected to my TV using the phono input via an AMP.  After 15 minutes it goes to AUTO SHUT DOWN.  How can i disable this?  Tried all the ECO settings but doesnt make a difference.  If i connected it to the SCART INPUT (still without a VIDEO SIGNAL) would this make a difference? 

pergo1956
New

My Sony 4K TVs goes quiet then shuts off followed by spinning dots plus sign ANDROID 

My XBR65Z9D was turning off automatically, very frustrating.

Another posting mentioned looking in settings:

Click Home, scroll down to settings, scroll down to power, Eco, Auto shut off