Join now - be part of our community!

AV/Scart for CCTV playing up on picture size...Checked size setting etc.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

AV/Scart for CCTV playing up on picture size...Checked size setting etc.

sony kd-49x8309c

My problem is that when i turn my AV selection to AV (scart) which is for a outside CCTV camera the old Mictomark ones in color i get a black section on the left on side so dont get all the picture,its like the picture as moved to the right as what it black on the left which is 6 inches i have lost on the right side.

This has been working for years and this has only happened once before but forget how to fix it as just turned t.v on and this again.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jace1969,

would you mind uploading an image of the display?

I can't really picture what you see on the screen.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Here is the side where i have the black part and like a faint red line,i have lost this amount of the CCTV picture.

This has been working for years like 10 or so and had this problem once before.

cctv picture problem.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jace1969,

do you have the option to test the CCTV-receiver on another TV?

Maybe the camera or receiver has gone bad. 

Since it seems to be an analog camera, it could also be another issue introduced by another electronic device interfering with the signal.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,thanks for the reply.

The camera works off the old 5 pin mini dim plug that fits into a 4 channel reciever which i have 3 cctv cameras working through but each camera is the same,the switcher box then has a scart to go to t.v.

As for being the reciever i have rulled out this and done it direct into the t.v though the scart so then it only works 1 camera as no switcher box is inline and same problem.(the scart socket had a mini dim inline to plug camera into then direct into t.v.

So i have rulled the switcher box out,all cameras 3 of cant be the same so not them,nothing on setting so you could be right on some interference but this has been on this t.v alone for a good 3 years and happened once before so a bit stuck.

Is there something i could of hit on the remote as its only on the scart as HDMI is spot on even on 4k through V6.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jace1969,

digital signals are a completly different story than analog signals, since digital signals also tell the TV how to exactly interpret the signal (aspect ratio, use of HDR...). To rule out that the issue is caused by a setting on the TV you could factory reset the TV or plug your camera receiver into another TV to see if you get a different result there.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,thanks for the reply.

I do see what you mean on this,being that the cables are as run under the carpet it is hard to try the camera on another t.v but a strange thing went on.

I have dont not 1 thing only pull out the ear phone plug and turn off and on the wifi on the t.v but tried it after and still the same but turned the t.v off last night and on this morning and it works again,this was 100% on the picture not being in the middle as it is in the middle now,could it be down to heat causing problems as t.v was on a long time.

i do hope someone can answer the problem what it is or in this case was but its like you said the t.v was like it wasnt picking it up right in the scart socket.