Join now - be part of our community!

BBC channels causing restart on KDL-32S5500 TV

trevor101
New

BBC channels causing restart on KDL-32S5500 TV

Hi there

Our TV, a KDL-32S5500, keeps restarting itself. This happens when it is first switched on and tuned to a BBC channel, or when it is changed from another channel to a BBC channel. It happens about after about 10 seconds, after which it is fine, unless it is changed to another BBC channel, when this restart happens again, after 10 seconds. It doesn't seem to happen for other channels, or when set to an HDMI feed from a PVR, displaying any channel.

This has only started to happen in the past year. The firmware version is M3.211, and it is supposed to keep itself up to date over the aerial. I do not know what the latest firmware version number is supposed to be though to check, or how to force an update.

Anyone know what is causing this? Thanks for any replies.

3 REPLIES 3
watcher18
Explorer

I Have also got this problem (watcher)

watcher18
Explorer

i have this  problem found a suggestion that leaving it on standby overnight for several nights should result in auto update as it is always left on what is the latest update number so I can check if it is up to date or manually update myself and is the latest update to fix this bbc problem.

I have also had this problem for some time. Software version is M3.211. Is there a fix for this?