Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I player not connecting

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

BBC I player not connecting

I have a Sony 3d Bravia TV 40". Ref - KDL40HX803U. I have purchased an internet connector as it is not a fully Internet TV but a part Internet TV. It comes with things like I player, demand 5 etc. in the last couple of days when trying to load I player. It states cannot connect to the server, please retry. Is it a problem with the TV or the I player. All the other internet options appear to work, Can anyone come up with a suggestion of how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a tablet not sony that the I player works on. However I want to fix it that it works on my TV.

Thanking anyone kindly in advance for any help they can give me.

Kind Regards

James Sidney
112 REPLIES 112
blod999
Explorer

Perhaps it would have been more useful if I had given details of my TV etc. The TV is a KDL-40EX503 and the software updated itself from PKG4-117EUL-0108 to PKG4-118EUL-0108 without any help from myself. I live in the London area.

profile.country.en_GB.title
runner_bean
Explorer

I have a KDL-37EX403 which is left on standby every night but has yet to update.  Fingers crossed for an update tonight!  Or do I have to use the USB stick method?

profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

I've just checked my TV - it has now updated and (Yay!) iPlayer is back.  It felt like seeing an old friend!

runner_bean
Explorer

All OK and updated now!!  Perhaps checking the Product Support dialogue triggered something.

Thanks Sony for getting on top of this.

Cyrax.NET

I've just got home and been waiting for about 45mins with no update yet.  Switched the TV off, unplugged it and powered on (with internet available).

I've just tried setting the 'system' update to OFF and then back to ON.  

I know I am being impatient so will give it till early evening and if still nothing, will use the direct download link with USB update.

KDL-40EX403

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

...and we're back! as the big "G" would say. :laughing:

My Firmware updated sometime between 5:15 and 6pm this evening.

Thanks Quinicus and tweety2b for all your efforts on our behalves!

SpikeMelbost
New

Would have been helpful if the Sony guy had pointed out that you can force a system software update (at least on some hardware). For mine, I made sure automatic software update was set to on, did a refresh internet content then as soon as that finished turned the tv off (standby). After 5 to 10 mins an orange led (near the red standby one) flashed for a few seconds and my update was done.

Would have been simple good customer service for Sony to have posted that info here.

This is the link I got that info from:  https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33287/c/65,66/p/61659,62766,63067/

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

My KDL-32EX503 is now working (sw PKG4.118EUL-0108) but my KDL-40EX713 (sw PKG4.117EUL-0108) is not. Both have been left in standby. I hope the 713 is restored soon.
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks SpikeMelbost, link noted for future edification! :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

Thanks for the previous tip on forcing an update. It just finished and my KDL-40EX713 is now on the 118 firmware and iPlayer is working again.

Thanks Sony.