Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
albanite
New

Hi, You've described very well exactly what I have also experienced in the last couple of days. Seems a solution may be beyond our control - let's hope it's quick.

profile.country.GB.title
tiptree100
Explorer

My KDL-24EX320 BRAVIA TV (2010) stopped loading BBC iPlayer a couple of days ago - I've tried switch off/un-powering and resetting everything. Says no server found, though all other internet functions working OK. Can anybody help?
Danielcoz
Explorer

Having same problem too. As is my mother in law who we convinced to buy Sony TV for exactly the same reason. V frustrating especially when it seems problem has occured in the past

profile.country.GB.title
jonathancov
Explorer

Same thing happens with my KDL-32CX523. I hope it get's resolved for the Christmas TV!

Danielcoz
Explorer

have emailed customer support too so may be get answer tomorrow

thepainterman
Explorer

Same as everyone else. My Sony KDL-32CX523 is not getting i-player. Nice xmas present from Sony and the Beeb.

Simon405410
Explorer

same problem here........still note it's managed to get few hundred to register with Sony just before xmas.....anyone fancy personal email from Sony flogging them a new telly on the new year :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simon405410 wrote:

same problem here........still note it's managed to get few hundred to register with Sony just before xmas.....anyone fancy personal email from Sony flogging them a new telly on the new year :slight_smile:

OOoooo, I love a good conspiracy.  :slight_smile:

Although, you can go into the My Sony section and change the newsletter preferences if you so wish.

Ecovisitor51
Explorer

Ha! Synical! Just hope it gets sorted before Christmas- VERY annoying,
particularly as it obviously happened before! Hey SONY are you listening???

I use BullGuard Spamfilter to keep my inbox clean.
It is completely free: www.bullguard.com/freespamfilter
cthecliffs

We too have the same problem here, I have tried to reboot but still does not work. Still in warrenty so will be contacting the Sony shop tomorrow