Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96

I think if you have been in IT for 30 years as you say, you would know the correct spelling in the sentence, " ...  have posted on the iplayer sight ..." is SITE and not SIGHT.  After all, it isn't websight!! 

profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

Please can comments be restricted to updates from Sony.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
gfotos
Explorer

After many many years of using Sony tvs, and with the disapointment of 3D quality on my KDL40ex723 and now this.

NEVER AGAIN!!!! LG please                                            

Sorry Sony.                                        

retromart
Explorer

Apologies to TurnersToons for my site/sight error, to quick on the post I guess.
Aside from that has anyone found out what the overnight firmware update - PKG4-022EUA-0104
is supposed to achieve?
I see no changes so far?
retromart
Explorer

to > too
profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

Please can posts correcting spelling et. stop. My inbox is filling up with pointless comments. Let's leave this channel open for service updates. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse any typos due to my mis-hitting the 'keyboard'!
retromart
Explorer

Just checked my TV and it appears the problem is fixed.

I wonder if we will be told what and why the problem was.

stinky84
Explorer

:smileyhappy:Now working on my 40NX723 after I installed the latest software update to PKG4-022EUA-0104 :slight_smile:

Don't know if it was fixed prior to that as I hadn't checked prior to updating.

Just happy that it will be working for Xmas in case I forget to record anything on my PVR

Now I just hope they get rid of the info that comes up every time when watching BBC1 in SD telling me that I could watch it in HD

profile.country.en_GB.title
anataboga
Explorer

BBC iPlayer FAQ now saying it's resolved which confirms the two reports of it now working - YAY!

Brilliant news that a service which we don't pay anything for and which neither the BBC nor Sony are under any contractual obligation to provide us has been fixed - just sayin' - some people who have posted on this thread could really do with a sense of perspective and stop behaving like somebody is dead when it's just that one of the many features of the kit stopped working for a few days.  (And no - paying your license fee does not oblige the BBC to provide a working iPlayer to you, the license fee is paid to the government and is only to cover watching live broadcasts)

Thanks Sony and BBC (I suspect it was mostly BBC reading between the lines) for the resolution.  Very happy we can go back to the iPlayer on the TV istead of using the Wii which is awful quality in comparison.

Jon.

-----------------------

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/sony_devices

***Updated 18 December 2013*** 

We are pleased to report that our testing indicates that a problem which meant BBC iPlayer could not be accessed on some Sony devices, including Sony Smart TVs and Blu-ray players is now resolved.

BBC iPlayer support would like to thank everyone who reported the issue to us. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

@anataboga - I did chuckle at your post :slight_smile:

A good friend of mine once asked if iPlayer on the Wii substituted actors in TV shows for Wii Mii avatars and if he was better off buying a Playstation or Xbox. to watch normal iPlayer.:smileylaugh: