Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer not working - brand new TV!

SOLVED

BBC iPlayer not working - brand new TV!

Hi community! Hope you can help.

Just bought a new Sony Bravia TV - KDL43WD754. Was told it was a 2016 Model - now not so sure!

All internet apps work except BBC iPlayer. App loads, you can see the programmes etc but when you go to play anything, the circle spins for a while then the following message is displayed:

"02001

Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme"

Has been doing this for the last week since we got it. No issues with connectivity, have wifi speeds of around 30Mb, all other apps work without issue, TV software completely up to date.

Have been on the BBC website for support which states 'BigScreen' iPlayer is being discontinued as of Sept 2016, but states that this model not affected.

This TV's iPlayer however does say that it is on BigScreen:

BigScreen Version: 4.5.58.1 (Thu Sep 22 2016 12:39:39 GMT+0000 (UTC))

Framework Version: 5.0.4

Any guidance would be appreciated. One of the biggest reasons for getting this TV (over a cheaper bigscreen and, say, an apple TV box) was for the inbuilt apps. Not having iPlayer - meaning no Bake Off for my wife - means it feels like a waste!

Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think we need to take this from the top.  Thanks for confirming 5OD - as if that didnt work, it would be a different problem/troubleshooting...

1. Can you confirm you have the latest firmware installed?  v8114 - see HERE
  2. Once you have the latest firmware installed, please perform a factory reset of the TV.  Once done - test.
  3. If that fails, can you change the TVs network settings to manual, and then use Google's DNS Servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then test.
  4. If you are using BT as an ISP - try disabling parental controls etc. and test

Have a read of this thread, especially the posts from 'kellydown'

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/kdl-40wd653-bbc-apps-issue/td-p/2167500

If nothing works, I will escalate this to Sony Support - As I think there might be an issue somewhere.

Cheers

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The WD75 series TV is indeed a 2016 model and is NOT affected by the iPlayer discontinuing on other models (2009/2010)

In regards to iPlayer, I know you said that all other apps work, but can you please test 5OD - as this is a UK based app and reply back.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Just checked 5od and that works fine. Seems it's just the iPlayer!

Any further guidance appreciated! 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think we need to take this from the top.  Thanks for confirming 5OD - as if that didnt work, it would be a different problem/troubleshooting...

1. Can you confirm you have the latest firmware installed?  v8114 - see HERE
  2. Once you have the latest firmware installed, please perform a factory reset of the TV.  Once done - test.
  3. If that fails, can you change the TVs network settings to manual, and then use Google's DNS Servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then test.
  4. If you are using BT as an ISP - try disabling parental controls etc. and test

Have a read of this thread, especially the posts from 'kellydown'

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/kdl-40wd653-bbc-apps-issue/td-p/2167500

If nothing works, I will escalate this to Sony Support - As I think there might be an issue somewhere.

Cheers

Thanks - followed these steps and it worked.

One happy wife watching Bake Off currently.

Many thanks!
profile.country.GB.title
Vic_the_Red
New

Exactly same problem on a new KDL 32WD756. Solved with a factory reset (up arrow on remote and power off button on TV)

WBR1970
New

Hello, just to let you know. 

I have had this issue with my xd7005. 

Lost iPlayer, so did a factory reset. Went through all the hassle of resetting everything, but all ok.  

Lost it again the other day. Read your forum and found I had also lost 5od, and ITVplayer wanted me to setup youview. So I turned it off and turned it on again, and it worked. 

So ta very much, and if it's any help to anyone definitely try unplugging it first. 😀

profile.country.IE.title
andrew.clark
Explorer

Have unplugged from wall and refeshed internet link. Still getting insufficient memory issue message. Parental locks are not on. Children all grown up. Please advise as we wish to use iplayer.

profile.country.GB.title
Moxonpa2
Explorer

Exactly the same problem with my new TV - your fix, simply switching the power off and restarting worked a treat - thank you very much for sharing 👍

profile.country.IE.title
andrew.clark
Explorer

I also tried a complete switch off of TV and router. Same problem persists.
I did this twice. Memory fault keeps displaying. I suspect it will happen
with you again.