Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer Not Working on Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jeremy68
Explorer

BBC iPlayer Not Working on Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU

Hi,

I've had a Sony Bravia KDL32CX523BU for two years, and it has worked well, until a couple of days ago, when the BBC iPlayer stopped working. When I click on the iPlayer app, I just see a spinning circle in the top right of the screen, and the iPlayer never loads. I can't even press any key on the remote control to return to the previous page, as the remote doesn't respond, and the only way to get the TV working again is to switch it off and on again at the mains.

All the other apps - YouTube, Demand 5, etc. - work fine.

Anyone else having this problem, or know a solution?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy68
Explorer

Just to say, I didn't bother doing a factory reset, but the iPlayer has suddenly started working again, so it was obviously a temporary glitch. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested my TV (which is the same year as yours) and the BBC iPlayer works fine.  Therefore it appears its just your TV.  So the advice is to ensure that you have the latest firmware installed, and perform a factory reset of the TV (which should clear any 'gremlins')

Whilst your at it, reboot your ISP's router as well.

Cheers

Jeremy68
Explorer

Thanks. Will give it a try. Just tried a software update, but that didn't work!

Jeremy68
Explorer

One question: If I do a factory reset, will that mean I then have to re-login to my YouTube account? I was logged out of my YouTube account on the Bravia a few weeks ago, and had to go through some absurdly convoluted process to log back in, which I can't remember how to do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately YES - all settings will be lost, including YouTube login, Picture/sound/network settings.  And will have to be re-done.

I know how you feel on the YouTube thing - google is a pain in the ***** sometimes!

Jeremy68
Explorer

Just to say, I didn't bother doing a factory reset, but the iPlayer has suddenly started working again, so it was obviously a temporary glitch. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy68
Explorer

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon! After a brief period when the iPlayer did function, I've not been able to access it for the last few days. I've haven't done a factory reset yet, as I can't remember what details I need to put in for YouTube log-in. It seems I can only have either YouTube or BBC iPlayer, but not both. What a nuisance!

Bawtree
Explorer

I've had a Sony Bravia KDL32 for number of years ... 

occasionally it won't access BBC Iplayer.. but states a message saying it's a techical issue bla bla.. then within a day or so it's back.. 

then 10days ago i got this yellow triangle with ! ... temporialey cannot acess the server pless retry ..

i have tried and tried and reset the router switched the t.v. and the router then re- reset but the same  ! temporialey cannot acess the server pless retry (message) 

all other net based t.v works fine..... 

can some kind person email me the answer to this please... 

[Edited to remove personal details]

Bawtree
Explorer

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/sony_smart_june/

Sony - Smart televisions and Blu-ray players

*** 17 June 2014 ***

The BBC and Sony are aware of an issue currently affecting BBC iPlayer on their Bravia TV models. In terms of the models affected, Sony has advised that this is all of their 2010 DTV range.

Sony has identified the cause of this issue and are looking to release an update during the

week commencing 23rd June.

A full list of affected devices is available at Sony Support.

cthecliffs

ITS NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!