Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32CX523 Wireless does not work after software update

Misklin
New

Bravia KDL-32CX523 Wireless does not work after software update

I have a Bravia KDL-32CX523 and the wireless dongle UWA-BR100.  I've had it setup and running for ages.  Last week the TV wanted a software update.  So I did the update.  Since then the Wireless has not worked.

I have checked the network connection, it says Device OK, Local Failed, Internet Failed.

Nothing has changed on my wireless router, and I can still use my phone/laptop/everything else through it.

I have tried a factory reset on the TV, and tried setting up the wireless network again.  However when I do a scan for the SSID, it doesn't find anything (not my network or any of the others in the area that all my devices pick up).

So I tired a "Manual" setup, put in the SSID, Security settings, password etc.  But whatever I do it won't pick up the network.

I've even tried rebooting the router, nothing, set up the wireless with no security, still nothing, and I know it's broadcasting the SSID as my other devices still pick it up.

I've worked in IT Networking for years, so do know what I'm doing.  It seems the Software update has done something to prevent the wireless on the TV from working.

Is their an update I need to do on the dongle?  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The UWA-BR100 dongle is rather popular with 2011 tvs - if there was a problem with the FW update recently, I would have expected a few more to complain by now. 

A couple of things to try if you havnt already

1. Turn TV off, Unplug dongle, Turn TV on again.  Leave on for 2 mins and switch off again. Plug dongle back in again (after TV has been off for 2 mins) and switch TV on - Test
  2. If that doesnt work - Try plugging dongle into other USB port - Test
  3. If that doesnt work - As a test, move either TV or router next to each other (approx 1meter apart) - Test
  4. Do you get a connection with an ethernet cable?

Cheers