Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32v5810 freesat gone

profile.country.en_IE.title
merchantdon
Visitor

Bravia KDL-32v5810 freesat gone

Hi,

When turning of my Bravia recently it informed me there was an update available and the usual ok to install it, which i did.  From then on it just kept restarting!  i brough the TV in to a repair centre and now since i've gotten it back there is no longer Freesat on it! the satelitte tuner is working as i'm able to scan and get the FTA channels but i don't have the Freesat option so i now don't have the 7 day epg and of course it won't auto update transponder changes.

I contacted the repair centre and was told to do a factory reset, which i did but this hasn't solved the problem.

One thing i've noticed is that on the system information screen it says my model is KDL-32V5800 but my TV is a 5810, would this make a difference?

Must say i find the sony support sections and in perticular finding contact numbers to be beyond useless.  Complete call avoidance 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

merchantdon,

my advice to you would be to return it to the repair centre as their first "repair" was unsatisfactory and its down to them to put it right,

if they had done it right in the first place they would not be using the excuse for a factory re set, they would have had the nesessary equipment to fix this.

regards to the model number do not worry about that, your tv is still a 5800 series the numerical value after the 58 does not really matter.

the call centre for Sony support is always a bit vague and stuck in the dark ages, it needs a serious re vamp as its not doing what it should, in fact they should provide stress support as well!, ( sorry Sony ) its true,

its a bit like trying to get blood out of a stone!.