Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-42W829B has stopped recognising NAS drive

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Bravia KDL-42W829B has stopped recognising NAS drive

Hi All,

I have the above TV and have been streaming music, photos and home videos to it from my Synology 213j NAS quite happily for about 3 years. However, the TV has suddenly stopped recognising the NAS drive (if I scan for servers the NAS no longer appears). This despite no changes in any of the settings on either NAS and TV. The NAS also recognises the TV over my home network.

TV is definitely connected to the internet - I can play youtube videos for example. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NAS media server, checked all setting, ensured firewall disabled, rebooted the NAS (twice), etc., all to no avail. TV software package is up to date (PKG3.004UA, last updated March 2017) and I can stream form the NAS to other devices (iMac and iPad work fine) so the problem appears to be with the TV.

Any suggestions gratefully received,

regards,

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Finally sorted out the problem. My TV had (somehow) been set to Internet protocol IPv6 and my router only currently supports IPv4. Once I'd disabled IPv6 the problem was solved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Afaik your tv does not support direct access to Nas so I assume you are relying on a Dlna service on your Nas.

In this case you may have your list of available Dlna server on the tv full (8 max) especially if you use dhcp. Try cancelling all the server on the tv (in the domestic lan setting) and see if your Nas reappears....

profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Thanks rooobb,

You're correct about the DLNA (I should have mentioned it before). Thanks for the suggestion but here were only 3 servers in the device list, two already disabled and only the NAS Disktation enabled.

regards,

Fred

PS (added in edit). The only other item that might be relevant is that I had a 10 min power outage a couple of days ago. This was scheduled so I shut down all devices prior to the outage so this is unlikely to have affected anything.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try deleting them anyway. Are you sure there was no change in the firewall setting in you router? 
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Tried all that, including switching off router firewall completely (previously set to Low and had not caused problems before on this setting), but still no NAS seen. Incidentally I can't delete the two additional servers, just put 'yes' or 'no' against them in the drop down display list (unless I'm missing something?).

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should be able to delete them...what happens if You enable them?
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Tried enabling them, still no NAS recognised. Disabled them again, same reult. I've also removed some redundant devices from the 'renderer' menu but this also had no effect.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you try to activate another Dlna server on the pc (ie serviio) and see if it shows or better it kick the things a little also on the one on your Nas?
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

I've given up for the time being as I've been able to access and play all the NAS files by switching on DLNA on my Panasonic blu-ray player. May return to the TV problem later.

profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Having written that I'd given up, I had one last try by checking my router settings yet again. My TV was connected via wifi but according to the router it's connected via LAN. I therefore disabled wifi and connected directly to my router by ethernet cable. Problem solved! I can only assume that there is some problem with the TV's wifi.