Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-46EX700 unable to update

profile.country.GB.title
thebookkeeper
Explorer

Bravia KDL-46EX700 unable to update

I checked the current firmware on the TV and it is out of date. I want to be able to turn of the often very loud startup chime, which the later firmware allows. So I decided to update.

I followed the instructions for update this TV and downloading the update, checked the file size, extracted and then copied the folder to the root of a FAT32 formatted stick. Inserting the USB, the TV shows that it has been detected, but that's as far as it gets. I tried various sticks and tried using a Windows machine to format and copy, but still the same problem.

In desparation I picked up the TV (no I didn't throw it out the window, but it was close) and moved it into a room with a ethernet connection. Plugged in and configured the network. Checked that auto update was on, but again nothing.

Sony support have not responded, so I am hoping the good people of this community will save the day.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @thebookkeeper, welcome to the Community.

Have you considered enabling auto updates

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
thebookkeeper
Explorer

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as I mentioned I have Auto update set to on. I'm not sure what else I can do but wait. I do get an error if I try to refresh Internet Content. 

Configuration failed while connecting

I have gone back and checked the Internet Connection and it is always confirmed as connected and OK. I also tried using a manual IP address. I also checked the IP address is shown on the screen and I can ping it from other computers.

Just to add, I have tried a Factory reset and still get the same problem

Lideln
New

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as @thebookkeeper above.

Auto-update does not work. No wi-fi. Cable ethernet connection is working. Update internet services fails. USB software update does not trigger. Did a factory reset too, just in case.

Nothing works, and I'd like to watch Netflix on this tv, and not pay 200USD for a nvidia shield if I can avoid it.

Thank you in advance,