Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia W8 recording error "Recording cannot start as there is no suitable broadcast"

SOLVED
pshayer

Bravia W8 recording error "Recording cannot start as there is no suitable broadcast"

Hi Today I registered the hard drive for the first time with my Bravia KDL-42W829 TV. But when I tried to record BBC's program running from digital satellite box, it displayed the following error. 

"Recording cannot start as there is no suitable broadcast. Please check connections and try again."

Can anyone please explain what this error is and what is the solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

The key phrase in your question is "digital satellite box" - Unfortunately HDD recording from connected devices is not supported.  You can only record from your internal freeview tuner.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

The key phrase in your question is "digital satellite box" - Unfortunately HDD recording from connected devices is not supported.  You can only record from your internal freeview tuner.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers

pshayer

what a shame and waste of functionality. I have spent good amount of money on 2 TB external hard drive! 

I will be surprised if anyone in insterested to record freeview channels. disappointing !!!

Thanks for quick reply.