Join now - be part of our community!

Bravo Internet Content Rubbish

sjg000
New

Bravo Internet Content Rubbish

I've got a Sony Bravo KDL-40CX523 SMART TV. Had it now for a couple of years. The internet content is rubbish. I've been hoping over time that it would improve. When you go to gthe internet content it has 41 different link. Most of these are to european sites. The only decent ones are BBC Iplayer, You Tube and Love film. Where is NETFLIX, NOW TV? I have never seen any improvment since I got the TV. Samsung SMART TV seem to have much better content. Am I doing something wrong or is it that Sony have not got their act together. Sadlt if things do not improve I shall be moving away from Sony when I get my next TV? Can anyone help or advice in better content.

I feel it was a waste of money getting a smart TV.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your TV model is from 2011 - Unfortunately Netflix and Now TV was not around then and unfortuately manufacturers cannot predict the future (other brands have the same issues). 

In regards to Netflix, see the FAQ : HERE

Cheers

PS: I have a 2011 TV too, and can understand your frustrations.

profile.country.en_GB.title
burkeaw
Explorer

As it looks like Sony will not be addressing this issue anyday soon ( and I cannot afford to change TV just yet); what is the quickest way of getting full-screen Netflix on a 52" Bravia?

I'm thinking game console?

I've tried PC i/p but get a small screen which looks ridiculous and cannot be seen from the viewing distance setup for a 52" screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a PS3 for netflix and works well.  I would have thought that you could make netflix fullscreen.  Simply full-screen the netflix player once it begins playing and you have the PC/laptop connected (HDMI preferrably)