Join now - be part of our community!

Can I display PC content on my Bravia wirelessly ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
CAAUTO
Visitor

Can I display PC content on my Bravia wirelessly ?

greetings to all

Just bought a KDL 40EX403 and am realy happy with it.

I am guessing it must be possible to watch my laptop content ( including live internet) through the TV using the wireless LAN set up, but I cant seem to find a way, please could someone help ?

Many thanks in advance

roy  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Why would you want a USB to Ethernet adapter? It already has a Ethernet socket.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Catmambo
Contributor

To browse the web you would need to use something like this -http://www.q-waves.com/qw/default.asp?title=Quicklink-TV&contentID=17

Thanks

snow6oy
Visitor

I'd like to connect a KDL-32EX403 to a home network using ethernet cable.

Other forum posters have mentioned a USB dongle. I can only find a wireless adapter (uwa-br100) in the Sony Catalogue. Does anyone know if any USB to Ethernet adapter, like this Belkin will work?

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=104991

thanks,

snow6oy

Catmambo
Contributor

Why would you want a USB to Ethernet adapter? It already has a Ethernet socket.

gofrost

yes providing you install dlna server on your pc windows media player pre installed  on pc if running windows this is quite limited though there are others like mezzmo wild media server and twonky media i have used ethernet cable to connect my 503 tv and blu ray player to my home hub setting up is easy just use on board tv menu's my pc is wirelessly connect to hub using external adaptor and mezzmo connects to either with out any fuss auto converting files to play on either device my tv only has 1 usb port so if that's used you have to keep unplugging to use flash memory just use standard cat 5 cable to connect ethernet tv does'nt have drivers that is why sony dongle has to be used for wireless

Message was edited by: gofrost

CAAUTO
Visitor

Thank you all very much for your help.

So...would it mmake life easier all round if I did a cable connection between PC and TV ? Would I still require special software ?

Please advise what cable if so ?

thanks again to all

Roy 

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi roy

• If you want the built in video services, you need to run Ethenet cable or use the Sony Dongle.
  • If you want the built in video services + open internet then you'd need the product I first linked to.

Thanks

snow6oy
Visitor

Oh right. Um to explain my apparently idiotic question I was researching a xmas present for my Dad. He lives in another house so I haven't actually seen the TV, just downloaded the manual. blah, blah. well thanks very much. leaves stage left whistling tunelessly ...

knoxjohngraham35
Explorer

Re: Can I display PC content on my Bravia wirelessly ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@knoxjohngraham35 wrote:

Re: Can I display PC content on my Bravia wirelessly ?

If you have a newish TV that supports Miracast and Windows 8,1 - Yes you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzwqdKhkkMM